4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

Too bad you can't just lock out certain people :rolleyes:

Each person CAN do that. Click on their user name and visit their profile.

When at the profile, right under their profile pic, you'll see a drop-down list with a triangle arrow "user lists".

Click on the arrow, and a list will drop down. At the bottom it says "add to ignore list"

Select that.

Most v-bulletin message boards have this feature. What usually happens is when that particular person that you've ignored posts, you'll see that they've posted, but not what they've posted. It usually gives a message something to the effect of "message blocked because you've chosen to ignore this user". I can't recall the exact words it says because it has been a long time since I've ignored anyone on any forum.

The problem is: just the fact that it shows they've posted, curiosity usually gets the better of you, and you can't help clicking to see what irritating post they've just made! :D:rolleyes:

hope this helps :)

But Carnival does not care, nor do you. So the way I made the best of it was to leave the ship.

If Carnival did not care....they would have dumped your unappreciative fanny in a port that the CDC said not to go to.

It would have been A LOT easier on Carnival to do just that instead of making the hard call to put passenger health and safety first AND the 1,000s of staff and crew members for whom this is their home.

But then reasonable mature passengers realize this and (while disappointed they understand) ...... and the others are the ones that "don't care".

Btw, don't ever fly somewhere to go snow skiing. I would hate for you to be disappointed because Mother Nature did not deliver enough snow to open the runs....and your vacation would be ruined.

Before this thread is shut down, I like to say it was a fun week, we are home. Disembarkation was a breeze because we didnt have to go through customs so we were pretty lucky there. We had breakfast in the Dining room this morning and was off the ship with Zone 1 at around 9:15am. It was a smooth ride all the way down to San Diego.

Will be posting some threads with Pictures soon.

Fred

Thanks Fred, we really enjoyed your thread this week!

Before this thread is shut down, I like to say it was a fun week, we are home. Disembarkation was a breeze because we didnt have to go through customs so we were pretty lucky there. We had breakfast in the Dining room this morning and was off the ship with Zone 1 at around 9:15am. It was a smooth ride all the way down to San Diego.

Fred

Fred - Thank you so much for your posts. I am sailing on Splendor in November. Can't wait for the pictures.

I can't believe all the griping and sniping. I and many others really appreciate what you have done.

So glad you were able to make 'lemonade'.:)

Dan

How 'bout a TOAST to the LEMONADE CRUISERS!!! Here's to Fred, et al...

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us and... Welcome Home :D

5687_man_with_lemons_pitcher_of_lemonade_and_a_glass_of_juice.jpg

Here, here! I'll second that; it's been great reading and following along with Fred and others.

For the last week, I have also followed the "As the Ship Sails, the Splendor Lemonade Cruise". I would read something funny, then run tell my husband. This morning, he actually asked the status of the cruise.

All I can say is that each person had to make the best decision for them...to leave the ship early or complete the cruise. None of us can fault a person for their choice, even if we don't agree with it. For me, I would have stayed.

Thanks Wennfred for the installments and I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Here, here! I'll toast to Fred, too, from our layover in Houston on our way home. We really did have a great time. Filled with lots of fun and laughter. Stuff happens but life goes on. We found it best to enjoy our time with friends, old and new.

Happy sailing to all .... remember things don't always go according to plan but we can still have a great time if we so choose!

Here, here! I'll toast to Fred, too, from our layover in Houston on our way home. We really did have a great time. Filled with lots of fun and laughter. Stuff happens but life goes on. We found it best to enjoy our time with friends, old and new.

Happy sailing to all .... remember things don't always go according to plan but we can still have a great time if we so choose!

Great words..........:) Thanks Fred for the info this week and sharing with us.

Thanks so much for your great live time story of your cruise. I am just mostly a lurker, been a member several years but seldom ever post, but I had to thank you for your great pictures and telling about your cruise live. Thanks Fred

Hi everyone! And I'm glad that all my new friends have made it home safely.

I enjoyed this Cruise very much. It was my 40th Birthday Cruise and I enjoyed every minute of it. Freddy made it one of my best cruises. THANK YOU HONEY!!!

Yes there was a change in itinerary. Yes, I was disappointed that I could not show my Mom the Cathedral in Mazatlan or swim with the Dolphins in Cabo. However, I was with my Husband, my Mother and enjoyed spending time with them and everything else the ship had to offer. Plus I made some new friends!

I was really overwhelmed with the people that were just so vulgar and down right mean to the staff on the ship. One woman at the Pursers desk was dropping the F word like crazy and that was in front of children. To me that woman had NO CLASS whatsoever. And I figure if she was that way, I will be much happier with her off the ship.

The situation was not Carnival's fault and like someone else said earlier, if we would have made those ports, and someone fell ill, they would turn around and sue Carnival. Carnival was in a no win situation, but they MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sassy! We are home. I will pick up my Girls tomorrow. I miss them. Hope your kids get well soon. Stay in touch. Say hi to Mike. We should do lunch soon, OK?

TortieGal! Sorry we didn't hook up more on the ship! But we will take one with you again soon! UTAH for sure next year. Don't forget to send me the info!

Madelene! You are such a sweetheart and I appreciated your volunteerism with my Nephew Austin. Anytime you are going, let me know. I will send you the Money! I will email you soon so you will have our email address.

And Randy! Thank you for all that you did and tried to do. You are awesome and I look forward to another Cruise with you again.

I am exhausted. I miss my Girls. Why do I feel the bed swaying....

Wendy :p

Hi Fred

Great to get to meet you and pass you as we went about our excursions on the different decks of this pretty ship.

We got home back to Houston about 9:30pm and all was well.... Hope to see you again in the future ----

For all others - Fred is just as neat in person as on this board.

Thanks Fred for your updates

Al & Mary

Hi! I just got off the Mariner today and there was not any sickness. They gave us onboard credit for the inconvenience. The amount depending on your cabin category. Also, you stopped in Cabo to let off someone on a stretcher. My cabin was on the aft of the Mariner and I was looking through binoculars. We didn't have that many that left the ship in S.F., but we had heard about your LB stop.

Each person CAN do that. Click on their user name and visit their profile.

When at the profile, right under their profile pic, you'll see a drop-down list with a triangle arrow "user lists".

Click on the arrow, and a list will drop down. At the bottom it says "add to ignore list"

Select that.

Most v-bulletin message boards have this feature. What usually happens is when that particular person that you've ignored posts, you'll see that they've posted, but not what they've posted. It usually gives a message something to the effect of "message blocked because you've chosen to ignore this user". I can't recall the exact words it says because it has been a long time since I've ignored anyone on any forum.

The problem is: just the fact that it shows they've posted, curiosity usually gets the better of you, and you can't help clicking to see what irritating post they've just made! :D:rolleyes:

hope this helps :)

I already have many of the worst offenders in my iggy bin, but when others continue to quote them it does little good. But thanks some may not have known about this feature.

Fred

Fred thanks for all your posts....you are a class act! Happy cruising...

Archived