A ? about SS ports

Goldens4

I have looked high and low for the past 4 years and have been wondering why SS does not have a RT from LA to Hawaii? I know they did Hawaii last year (I think) on their world cruise. Did they ever do this? I know they do a RT LA to LA to Mexico. Just never cared for Mexico. And, since the mayor of Cancun was killed by the drug cartel, I just don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Would anyone here be interested in this cruise? If so, could you kindly put this on your comment/suggestion card.

Does anyone out there know if there is a financial reason why this would not be a viable port/cruise for SS? I believe it could be a moneymaker. To my current knowledge, the only line I know of that does the Hawaiian Islands is NCL and from what I have heard and read about them, I would rather not. Their idea of "free style cruising" is not my thing. I dread the thought of sitting next to the folks at dinner who have been wearing the same shorts and T-shirt for 7 days along with their snot nosed children. Hope I am not being too graphic, just an opinion.

I have looked high and low for the past 4 years and have been wondering why SS does not have a RT from LA to Hawaii? I know they did Hawaii last year (I think) on their world cruise. Did they ever do this? I know they do a RT LA to LA to Mexico. Just never cared for Mexico. And, since the mayor of Cancun was killed by the drug cartel, I just don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Would anyone here be interested in this cruise? If so, could you kindly put this on your comment/suggestion card.

Does anyone out there know if there is a financial reason why this would not be a viable port/cruise for SS? I believe it could be a moneymaker. To my current knowledge, the only line I know of that does the Hawaiian Islands is NCL and from what I have heard and read about them, I would rather not. Their idea of "free style cruising" is not my thing. I dread the thought of sitting next to the folks at dinner who have been wearing the same shorts and T-shirt for 7 days along with their snot nosed children. Hope I am not being too graphic, just an opinion.

Part of the issue is that the Jones Act would require that the Silversea ship also call at a non-USA port somewhere along the itinerary. NCL America received a dispensation on some of the provisions of the Act which allowed them to operate purely domestic USA cruises.

Archived