Victoria, Walking Paths

airgunnerusn

We will be in Victoria only in the evening hours, and have visited the Inner Harbour area in the past. When looking at a map of the Ogden Point area I noticed that there were some walking paths to the west of the cruise ship terminal, down toward Beacon Hill Park. Is this a nice area to take an evening walk? Thanks for your help.

We will be in Victoria only in the evening hours, and have visited the Inner Harbour area in the past. When looking at a map of the Ogden Point area I noticed that there were some walking paths to the west of the cruise ship terminal, down toward Beacon Hill Park. Is this a nice area to take an evening walk? Thanks for your help.

While I am quite familiar with Victoria I am not familiar with these particular paths. May I suggest that you post your question on the Canada board, I am quite sure that you will get some response from Victoria residents.:)

Airgunnerusn, we have not yet taken that walk but are also thinking about doing it the next time we go to Victoria. It looks very nice. I saved the following note that someone posted some time ago:

Beacon Hill park is lovely - nice walking trails, lovely gardens, ducks in ponds and peacocks.

Along Dallas Road is a spectacular oceanside walkway.

(Sorry I don't have the poster's name or I would certainly attribute it to him/her.)

Also saved these links, if you or anyone else can use them

- Victoria Dallas road Waterfront

http://www.victoriabc.ca/victoria/dallas_rd.htm

- Beacon Hill Park

http://www.victoriabc.ca/victoria/beaconhillpark.htm

- Inner Harbor 2 mile walk

http://www.walkvancouver.com/Victoria/index.html

Lived in Victoria for nearly 10yrs! yep to the right towards beacon hill park, a nice paved path, that is well used. And a nice ice cream(and other finger foods) shop up near beacon hill park as well! called beacon Hill Drive in. I recall there is 1 pond along the walk, quite often you see people with their remote control boats!

Lived in Victoria for nearly 10yrs! yep to the right towards beacon hill park, a nice paved path, that is well used. And a nice ice cream(and other finger foods) shop up near beacon hill park as well! called beacon Hill Drive in. I recall there is 1 pond along the walk, quite often you see people with their remote control boats!

its a nice area. There is a causeway very close to the cruise ship terminal as well and that does have a restaurant as well (as another person reminded me on another thread,lol) I can't recall the name of it though--oh yes, Ogden point cafe (google it) Victoria is a very healthy city, lot of runners, walkers. lot of great Busker performances down in the inner harbor in front of the Empress hotel (more in the summer months) There are bathrooms along the route as well (along Dallas road)

Archived