S&S cards did they change?

RVman

I've been wondering about this as well. I actually really like the new cards and am hoping we gget them when we sail on the Freedom in 2 weeks (or 12 days according to Carnival's website)!! :D

When I visited the Conquest last Sunday people were being issued the new design Sail and Sign card so I suspect that the change may already be fleet wide...

:)

Hey Mach, do you mean the "new" S&S cards, or the "new new" S&S cards (aka "Cruise Critic" redesign edition:D)?

We just got off of the Spirit and we had the old new design. (The one they implemented BEFORE consulting us, lol.) My information wore off of it within 4 days of it jostling around in my pocket. Go figure.:rolleyes:

From my understanding, they have to run out this old new design before they start using the new new design. Waste not want not.

We had the 'new' design on the April 12 sailing of Legend. I had no clue the entire week who the rookies vs the vets were; the red/blue, gold/white, platinum/white didn't stick out enough to tell.

I would have preferred to see the 'new new' design instead of the new. The style in use over the last few years was ideal. Not sure why they felt the need to 'improve' on something that worked.

We had the 'new' design on the April 12 sailing of Legend. I had no clue the entire week who the rookies vs the vets were; the red/blue, gold/white, platinum/white didn't stick out enough to tell.

I would have preferred to see the 'new new' design instead of the new. The style in use over the last few years was ideal. Not sure why they felt the need to 'improve' on something that worked.

How do you think all of those Vice Presidents keep their jobs? They have to fix stuff that isnt broken. :rolleyes:

How do you think all of those Vice Presidents keep their jobs? They have to fix stuff that isnt broken. :rolleyes:

Ron,

They are fancy to look at. If they plan to continue the design, they shouldn't bother adding separate colors for past guests or platinum because you can't tell them apart casually like you could with the old ones. I never noticed whether one single person had a newbie, gold, or platinum card. On past cruises, they stuck out well.

EDIT; I would call them 'generic' even though they are fancier. 'Bland' may be another appropriate term. Whatever VP made that call should have an office cubicle instead of a window.

Just off the Freedom, and we had the "old" new cards with the white background and a splash of blue, gold, or platinum. It was my first platinum cruise, and it had "PLATINUM" under the "Carnival", but it was barely discernable. IMO, the blue and gold stood out, but the platinum just looked dull. I'm all for change where it makes sense, but I hate when new execs come in (to any company) and feel the need to change things for the sake of change.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=938806&highlight=new+design

I found this link. I am assuming these are the new ones. I also saw the ones that may be next that are more distinquishable between the levels.

Yes, these are the cards they are currently using. The new new ones have a similar design, but the background is blue, gold, or platinum instead of white.

and is using up the stock, as it is going away..and might be sent the last of all the stock, in stock left..so they will dwindle down to the end. Each ship will change eventually. Another $$ $aving tactic, so as not to throw anything usuable overboard

and is using up the stock, as it is going away..and might be sent the last of all the stock, in stock left..so they will dwindle down to the end. Each ship will change eventually. Another $$ $aving tactic, so as not to throw anything usuable overboard

and is using up the stock, as it is going away..and might be sent the last of all the stock, in stock left..so they will dwindle down to the end. Each ship will change eventually. Another $$ $aving tactic, so as not to throw anything usable overboard

Archived