Auction for cruise for 2 in a Courtyard villa

ImADaneFan

I would bid if they told us what dates were available.

PE

Me, too! I just tried to clear a "blind" bid with DW and she won't let me unless the dates are spelled out!:eek: (Yes, I listen to my wife and (basically) do what she says -- I'm such a good husband!)

Sea Hound:D <-- knows where his meals come from!

Sea Hound:D <-- knows where his meals come from!

Sea Hound, I just stole from you so I thought I should let you know. ;) I liked your idea for a treasure hunt on my cruise and my sister loved it even more so I have offered to do the same for the cruise on the Dawn a week after we return from our upcoming CTN. I posted on their roll call and they are going to pass out my clues at the meet and greet. With any luck, this will work and grow as a tradition. Hope you don't mind my theft!!! Thanks for coming up with the idea!!

BTW, I just send a friend request message. The next time I steal from you, I don't want it to be so hard to find you. :)

I contacted the Blue School, whom is sponsoring the event. Unfortunately, she said the winner will get the exact dates and times. The winner will have to contact a NCL coordinator and then select from some choices when they want to travel.

Just an outside guess, but maybe the restrictions are only because they only go to certain places on certain dates. For example, you could not do an Alaska cruise in November cause they are not sailing there at that time.

Wonder if they let you apply the 7 day to a longer one and pay the difference, that would be great.

Like so many things these days, people get lazy and do not explain everything and leave it to others to guess, assume or just pass.

Looks interesting.

Sea Hound, I just stole from you so I thought I should let you know. ;) I liked your idea for a treasure hunt on my cruise and my sister loved it even more so I have offered to do the same for the cruise on the Dawn a week after we return from our upcoming CTN. I posted on their roll call and they are going to pass out my clues at the meet and greet. With any luck, this will work and grow as a tradition. Hope you don't mind my theft!!! Thanks for coming up with the idea!!

BTW, I just send a friend request message. The next time I steal from you, I don't want it to be so hard to find you. :)

I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!

Seriously -- no problem! My ideas are your ideas!

I hope we can start a new scavenger hunt tradition. I think it'll be fun! You're really going to like the prize (if you can find it!!!!)

SH:D

Just an outside guess, but maybe the restrictions are only because they only go to certain places on certain dates. For example, you could not do an Alaska cruise in November cause they are not sailing there at that time.

Wonder if they let you apply the 7 day to a longer one and pay the difference, that would be great.

Like so many things these days, people get lazy and do not explain everything and leave it to others to guess, assume or just pass.

Looks interesting.

The very nice lady at Blue School said it was just for a few weeks during the year. She made it sound like there were only a few options.

I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!

Seriously -- no problem! My ideas are your ideas!

I hope we can start a new scavenger hunt tradition. I think it'll be fun! You're really going to like the prize (if you can find it!!!!)

How Intriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiguing!!! :) I can't promise my prize will be loved, but it is very very appropriate.

Check out this auction for a cruise for 2 on any NCL ship that has a CY. The auction ends today at 5pm. The value of the cruise is listed @$9000. The opening bid is $3000 and there are currently no bids.

https://www.cmarket.com/auction/item/Item.action?id=84856513

It's up to $3,601.00!

It's a bidding war!!

As big-hearted as NCL is, I doubt they'd give away a week's Courtyard Villa in peak cruising time! I can imagine the options are VERY limited.

Hey, SH! Who said they're giving it away. Though $1800 -$2000 pp isn't a lot for a CV, it's not all that cheap, either. Plus you'll have port charges, tax, and airfare to pay also.

DT

Hey, SH! Who said they're giving it away. Though $1800 -$2000 pp isn't a lot for a CV, it's not all that cheap, either. Plus you'll have port charges, tax, and airfare to pay also.

DT

DT -- Of course you're right. I assumed it was a donation. And, yes, I saw the other charges are not covered. Still it's a good deal for the person who gets it cheap and has no restrictions on when they can travel.

YIKES!!!

It's terribly risky not knowing the restrictions unless one is VERY flexible.

I've dealt with donations for benefts many times both asking for and giving out. The restrictions were always very limiting.

People that are bidding need to decide the absolute MAXIMUM they are willing to spend and place that bid in the last few minutes or even seconds of the auction. If someone outbids them, and they want to bid again then it wasn't really their max.;)A bidding war just encourages people to spend more than they need to or should because no one wants to be outbid.:p:D

When My Lee and I were on the Gem in March, we had the Amethyst Penthouse. Having that level of stateroom, we were invited to a courtyard cocktail party on 14. It was nice to see how the "other half" cruises, but then we spoke to Cruise Consultant Duncan and Port Shopping Consultant Brendan. They told us that the "Courtyard Villas" were exactly the same, square-foot for square-foot as the Penthouses two decks below, plus the access to the courtyard. Now, please don't get me wrong, the courtyard was a nice little respite from the hoards on the rest of the ship. The key word however is "little." There's a little--nay--TINY pool that's 3.5 feet deep and a little greenery around. The CV's are like two grand more just to have access to the courtyard. Unless you're talking about upgrading to the GARDEN Villa or even an Owner's Suite, the AB Penthouses on Deck 11 are the way to go!

And I thank you...

JWK: AB Penthouse Booster

Archived