onboard tv

petuni

I am taking my first cruise ever in May on Monarch of the Seas. Although I am not thinking I will be watching tv during the day or evening I frequently have difficulty sleeping at night. At home I watch tv or play games on the computer interspersed with sleeping all night long. Is the tv in the rooms just for closed circuit ship stuff or is there satellite-based programming. Should I bring a good book? I hate just lying there wide awake. I have trouble sleeping in motel rooms with others because I am afraid I will keep them awake. In one motel room I spent the night in the bathroom doing cross stitch so that a light would not disturb my son who was doing all the driving and needed his sleep.

There is a small amount of satellite based TV... you'll most likely get CNN (International), Fox News, ESPN (LA), TNT (LA)...

They also have CBS Eye on Royal Caribbean which is taped programing that they play over and over again... on a short Monarch cruise you might not notice how often they play it as much as we have on some of the longer cruises we've done.

They also generally have two movie channels where they play movies recently released to DVD...

I am taking my first cruise ever in May on Monarch of the Seas. Although I am not thinking I will be watching tv during the day or evening I frequently have difficulty sleeping at night. At home I watch tv or play games on the computer interspersed with sleeping all night long. Is the tv in the rooms just for closed circuit ship stuff or is there satellite-based programming. Should I bring a good book? I hate just lying there wide awake. I have trouble sleeping in motel rooms with others because I am afraid I will keep them awake. In one motel room I spent the night in the bathroom doing cross stitch so that a light would not disturb my son who was doing all the driving and needed his sleep.

You may be pleasantly surprised how well you sleep onboard. The gentle rocking puts me out. I get my best sleep on a ship.

Archived