Navigator Suites on The Navigator

benbax

Just a comment about Navigator suites. They are under the pool, so there is the noise factor (scraping chairs, etc.) We were in a Navigator suite on deck 11 (the rest of these suites are on deck 9). We walked by the suites on deck 9 several times -- many of these times we smelled chorine in the hallways. The maintenance of the pool in the center of the area where the Navigator suites are. While I do not know if the odor permeates the suites, we would not choose a suite in this area.

:confused: Has anyone stayed in a Navigator suite on deck 9 (we're in 930) and can advise whether or not there was an odor of chlorine permeating the suites themselves?

This could be quite problematic.

I don't really care about the noise of chairs above - unless people are scraping chairs at 2am!!

But a suite that smells of chlorine all the time could be a real deal breaker! :(

I am questioning what it was that smelled like chlorine -- perhaps it was bleach? As people on the other board said, the pool is filled with sea water and emptied at the end of the day. The hallway by suites 930-933 (approx.) is where the odor was the strongest. If you look at the Regent map on deck 9, there is a enclosed space in between the port and starboard suites. The under the pool work area has a door leading into it by the suites I mentioned above.

Hopefully someone else will see your thread and respond.

benbax, I was checking old posts and located information that might be helpful to you. I don't know how to post links but you can check July 5, 2008 a posting by bridey56; July 24, 2008 a posting by St. Croix; and June 28, 2007 a posting by Paint Horse.

Perhaps one of them will read this and post more details.

benbax, I was checking old posts and located information that might be helpful to you. I don't know how to post links but you can check July 5, 2008 a posting by bridey56; July 24, 2008 a posting by St. Croix; and June 28, 2007 a posting by Paint Horse.

Perhaps one of them will read this and post more details.

Thanks very much - I'll check!

We stayed in a navigator suite on the 9th floor this past February - I don't recall any smell. At times I could hear the scraping of the chairs

Thanks!

I have done a bit of research and it seems that the only issue that comes up is the chair scraping (which I can totally live with - after all I live in New York City - what's a little chair scraping as compared to sirens and car alarms ?? !! ??) :D

I haven't read anything that says the suites smell of chlorine or anything else - so I am relieved - and once again beyond excited that we leave 2 weeks from Saturday!

Benbax -

we are now on board and between Ft Lauderdale and Bermuda. Our suite (933) is very nice...although it lacks the "spacious" feel of the PH suites on Mariner which we are used to.

Indeed there is a slight smell of bleach or something in the hall as you leave the main foyer to enter the corridor. There is a door marked "Pool Equipment" and the smell seems to be strongest around that area. It certainly does not penetrate into our suite. We can hear some general noise above us, but from being on deck just now I know that there is re-painting going on right above our suite, and we can hear a banging sound as one of the painters removes light fixtures so they can paint the ceiling. Any chair noises are slight...

I hope this helps you make your decision. If you have other questions do ask since we will be here until 16 May (Monte Carlo).

Benbax -

we are now on board and between Ft Lauderdale and Bermuda. Our suite (933) is very nice...although it lacks the "spacious" feel of the PH suites on Mariner which we are used to.

Indeed there is a slight smell of bleach or something in the hall as you leave the main foyer to enter the corridor. There is a door marked "Pool Equipment" and the smell seems to be strongest around that area. It certainly does not penetrate into our suite. We can hear some general noise above us, but from being on deck just now I know that there is re-painting going on right above our suite, and we can hear a banging sound as one of the painters removes light fixtures so they can paint the ceiling. Any chair noises are slight...

I hope this helps you make your decision. If you have other questions do ask since we will be here until 16 May (Monte Carlo).

Good to hear from you! I agree that the Mariner PH suites have a very spacious feel to them. We did the enjoy the Navigator suite (the one on deck 11). The only reason I'm glad that you smell bleach or something near the "Pool Equipment" door is because I was beginning to think I was the only person -- ever to smell it;) I'm glad it doesn't permeate into the suite.

When you have time, let us know how the cruise is going (food, service, ports, etc.)

Benbax -

Thanks very much for the info. I'm sure all will be fine. Bon Voyage! :D

Archived