My FedEx driver doesn't want me to have my documents!

Jenbo57

FedEx tried to deliver the documents for my first HAL cruise last Thursday. My husband and I were at work and our two big dogs were in the yard. I called FedEx to ask them to please redirect the envelope to my husband's work address, but the driver has twice since come back to our house, only to leave us a note telling us he couldn't leave it because of the dogs! Aaaggghhh!!! I prefer doing things via the internet, I thought I was getting everything I needed online, and I'm really not in any hurry. But now that I know HAL is trying to deliver them to me, I want them even more!

I hope whatever's in that packet is worth waiting for!!! :D

Rest assured that you can survive without the documents, but they are fun to receive. Online check-in will take care of everything...they docs also include the "know before you go" brochure, plus some excursion brochures, plus the immigration forms. Also we got out luggage tags but I hear that now you get those at the departure port.

You know, FedEx -could- hold the package at their facility for you to come pick them up. That way, you don't have to worry about the driver not giving you your documents!

(But, maybe he's using the dogs as an excuse because he wants to go on the cruise himself!:D)

Sorry but loose dogs in yard is pita for post/courier deliveries, meter/gas readers and others.

Two things for you to do: go to the deport to pick up the packages yourself or tie up the dogs.

I work in a company that have zero tolerance about loose dogs - we care about our workers - SORRY.

Sorry but loose dogs in yard is pita for post/courier deliveries, meter/gas readers and others.

Two things for you to do: go to the deport to pick up the packages yourself or tie up the dogs.

I work in a company that have zero tolerance about loose dogs - we care about our workers - SORRY.

Dogs should NEVER be tied up. We have a huge fenced yard that ours have the run of. (And they're well trained/behaved to boot, as my husband spent many years as a police K9 officer/trainer.)

I totally understand not wanting to enter a yard with dogs...I wouldn't either! When we order anything online we always have it sent to our place of business so we don't have to have delivery drivers deal with them (although the UPS driver who covers our neighborhood loves our dogs and regularly brings them treats).

My beef is with FedEx -- and the saga continues! I called them again today and got a totally different story than I got from either of the first two people I talked to! Now I may have my docs by Friday, if (and that's a big if) the person I talked to today knows what they're doing and reroutes the delivery appropriately. *Sigh*

And to all those people who love the blue folders...I could have given dozens of them away several months ago! My late inlaws took many, many cruises with HAL, and kept every last one of those blue folders! When we were going through their house, getting it ready to sell, we threw them all away...

As for your thread title, I'm sure your Fed-Ex driver DOES want you to get your documents; it's his/her job to have satisfied customers.

I wouldn't enter a yard with dogs greeting me, either..............am sure that's their "orders."

Know you will be excited when you finally have those documents in your hands; for some reason I just love filling in those luggage tags. It makes it "real" for me................different things excite different folks.:p

LOL. At least you know FedEx is trying to deliver your docs properly.

The docs for our last cruise were delivered to someone else - sitting in their recycle bin. The FedEx driver had "transposed" two of the digits in our address and delivered them several blocks away to a different house!

We didn't have a clue as Holland America didn't email us a tracking number. Luckily the Mom at the house saw them and was kind enough to drop them by in person.

Well, after much confusion, I did get my documents today! And even though I had already downloaded most everything in there, I must say that it's an impressive packet of information! Very nice blue fabric document holder filled with luggage tags, contract, etc. Most useful will be the shore excursion booklet -- much more convenient size than the 8-1/2 x 11 printout I've been using! Worth waiting for, for sure!!! :D

And I apologize if I gave the impression that I didn't appreciate FedEx's commitment to getting their deliveries made...I just thought it was funny that I kept calling to tell them not to attempt to deliver to my house, and they kept showing up at my house only to leave me a note telling me they couldn't make a delivery!!!

Now I count down the weeks 'til our first HAL cruise!!!

Woo Hoo! Now you can finally do the Document Dance. I've been watching this thread, wondering how long you'd have to wait until you finally had the documents in your hot little hands!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Woo Hoo! Now you can finally do the Document Dance. I've been watching this thread, wondering how long you'd have to wait until you finally had the documents in your hot little hands!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Isn't it funny...I've never considered myself the "document dance" type. But I'm dancing tonight!!! :D

Thanks!!!

Archived