Explorer cancels San Juan excursions

Just a heads up for anyone on the Explorer that booked an excursion through Royal Caribbean in San Juan, PR. They have cancelled all of their excursions due to the port time change (10pm till 11:30am) and are now only offering 2 tours - a walking tour and a segway tour.

My zip-lining was cancelled and I got an e-mail saying my credit card would be refunded. I am NOT happy. Surely they could have just moved some of the shorter excursions up a little in the morning and still run them, thus keeping everyone happy and still making money. *sigh*

Just a heads up for anyone on the Explorer that booked an excursion through Royal Caribbean in San Juan, PR. They have cancelled all of their excursions due to the port time change (10pm till 11:30am) and are now only offering 2 tours - a walking tour and a segway tour.

My zip-lining was cancelled and I got an e-mail saying my credit card would be refunded. I am NOT happy. Surely they could have just moved some of the shorter excursions up a little in the morning and still run them, thus keeping everyone happy and still making money. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that but why the heck would you be in port from 10 at night till 11 in the morning? What a waste of a port!

Sorry to hear that but why the heck would you be in port from 10 at night till 11 in the morning? What a waste of a port!

Agreed. My June 11th Explorer cruise has this port time in SJ and it is pretty much a waste. Arriving too late to do anything that night and leaving too early to do anything the next morning.

They should just skip SJ and give us OBC.

My Wife and I are (were?) on the same excursion as you. Have not recieved a e-mail yet.

Oh, well, that pretty much writes San Jaun off.

Which sailing are you on? This is the first "official" cancellation of excursions I am hearing of. I was told they would do their best to accomodate all the excursions!

Bummer.

A~

Which sailing are you on? This is the first "official" cancellation of excursions I am hearing of. I was told they would do their best to accomodate all the excursions!

Bummer.

A~

I'm on the June 11th 9 night. I believe the OP is as well.

Agreed. My June 11th Explorer cruise has this port time in SJ and it is pretty much a waste. Arriving too late to do anything that night and leaving too early to do anything the next morning.

Good idea. Maybe you could have a longer stop at another port. I guess if you jumped off the ship at 7:30 you could have a couple hours to walk around...nothing might be open but you could get off the ship. I'd rather have an OBC myself.

I just caught your avatar and signature. Clever. :)

Yes, there are Yankees that get it.

The explorer is having propeller issues so they changed our port time (after final payment!) due to the reduced sailing speeds, hence the stupid time in port...

EXOS was doing 22 Knots going to Cape Liberty on Sunday and is still doing 21.5 Knots Heading to SJU and scheduled to arrive early. RCCL should stop with the Technical issue nonsense and admit it's a Cost saving issue.

We were on the EOS on 4/8 in SJ. time was 4 pm until 11:30 pm. Actually we docked early and all excursions were on and we had a wonderful time. Seems a shame to have a port from 11 at night until the next morning.

We were on the EOS on 4/8 in SJ. time was 4 pm until 11:30 pm. Actually we docked early and all excursions were on and we had a wonderful time. Seems a shame to have a port from 11 at night until the next morning.

Same here on the 2/09 cruise we took. Schedule to arrive at 4pm and arrived and were allowed to disembark at 1pm Nice suprise! For those who are interested, the segway tour was great! :)

You do have to question whether it is cost saving measures or if the prop situation has worsened.

When I was on the the March 6th sailing we received a slightly modified itinerary when we boarded that showed arriving an hour late and leaving an hour early at some ports. However we always arrived at the original docking time and even left some ports later. The prop was not an issue when we were down in the islands.

We did push it, however, on the way down and home and whenever we topped 18 knots in 10 foot seas we did shake quite a bit. In fact the bags were out and being used.

I was also on EOS during Hurricane Noel in 2007 with 30 footers and although we were rocking and rolling, I thought it handled the seas much better than this year.

I guess we just have to summarize that the ship is wounded and the quick fix that they did in February is not holding up. Cruisers will just have to bear the pain until the ship is drydocked in early 2010.

Archived