First Aid/Medicine Kit - What do you Take?

Judi2112

I can't believe no one has said Tylenol PM. I never go on a trip without it.

I generally don't have any trouble sleeping! I was so tired one day I nearly feel asleep at a rock concert!

DId anyone mention cough drops? and eye drops?

and tweezers for splinters, and a couple of Qtips for swabbing

I always take eyedrops (for allergies) I don't get them much but I get them in my eyes and bad!!!! If I use these drops in the first few minutes Im fine. So I take thme everywhere with me.

You can buy ready-made first aid kits from REI, Adventure 16, Campmor, etc. They're very reasonable, come with the basics, and usually a first aid book. We add other things too, such as mole skin. Mole skin saved ont of my cruises. I got a big blister on my heel. DH cut a donuts out until all stacked together they were thick enough to relieve the pressure. The rest of our active cruise went on.

They are very small and will fit in your back pack / beach bag no problem.

In Mazatlan we used the bee sting kit too. It was my first ever bee sting (at 47) and it was on my birthday:eek:. Jerry fixed me up and I walked three or so miles back to the ship with no problem.

I carry pretty much everything mentioned, but I also take: extra pair of reading glasses, Prilosec, cold sore meds, uristat, swim ear drops,ambesol,orabase and a package of toilet seat covers. I just feel better knowing there there if I should need them:o.

One more thing I take in case of a real emergency is documentation of what ever prescriptions I am currently taking. Pharmacies will give you a copy every time you pick up meds. Also keep extra copies of your medical insurance cards with you, have originals in the safe, and call your insurance company and discuss what your policy covers, and if they have telephone numbers to contact in countries where your going.

Have a great cruise all of you!!!!

Pack anything you can think of. We keep a small kit permanently packed. If something comes up on a trip, that we did not plan for, we add it to the kit for future use.

We are taking an extended trip this summer and will pack Tami-flu and "Z" packs for both of us, just in case.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I take prescriptions for our eye glasses. I'd be in trouble without my glasses.

For OTC meds, I don't take much, but I'm most likely to pack the kids version in the those strips that melt in your mouth. They take up NO space in my luggage. :)

I don't leave home without my "blister kit". In a snack sz ziploc, I have bandaids, moleskin precut in various sizes, and a few of the special blister bandaids. Remember, you want to use a bandaid or moleskin when you first feel a "hot spot", try not to let it develop into an actual blister. Also you can use moleskin on your foot, but also you can stick it to the area of the shoe that is rubbing on your foot. Sometimes it sticks better there.

Unfortunately, I have several conditions that require lots of prescription meds. I use those stackable pill boxes I learned about on this board. I can unscrew the current day's pillbox and tuck it in my purse or pocket. I always carry at least two full days' worth of extra prescription meds. I carry pain meds and Lidoderm patches for my back, but they come in handy for achy knees, etc.

I carry a letter from my physician with a list of all my meds and supplements printed on her letterhead and over her signature, as well as eyeglass prescription.

I also have a tiny bottle of prescription eye drops for pink eye (conjunctivitis): tobramicin. We do carry Immodium and Beano as well as Lactaid.

The usual bandaids, Neosporin, Tylenol, etc. are always with us. All of these items are packed in my carry on luggage.

I've been seeing the TV ads for "StaphAseptic" which is supposed to be effective against the MRSA bacteria and other staph infections...I'm thinking of adding that to my kit, maybe in place of neosporin. I just checked their website, it sure looks like its the real deal. Anyone know anything about it?

Archived