Live from the Pride - First out of Baltimore

anamanxs

Hi Everyone..... Doing the cut cut and paste bit........due to internet costs! $55 for 100 minutes, and thid mini computer!

This is day 2 on the Pride out of Baltimore on the way to Nassua. The weather is beautiful. The ship is mildly rocking and making good time, we are now by Cape Hatteress, NC.

We arrived at the port about 11:30 am, since we had to leave the hotel by 11:00. The reception for the Press and local official started about 12:00. We were allowed to enter as soon as they had them on board. Our rooms were ready since they had sailed empty from Miami. The computer system was not yet in places so all the confirmation was being done by ink and paper. I did hear some people complaining about the S & S card still not working last night. We met our cabin steward last night and he seemed very nice, he said he could not remove the supplies from the cooler 0out of the room, but he could put them on the counter, which is where they are now. We had initial a form that he had met with us. We did see 2 cars speeding in when we were doing the muster drill - don't know if they got aboard or not.

Lunch was on the Lido deck and they had clean silverware everywhere. Extra forks were available at all stations. We went to the Bar tasting last night! They sample about 8 - 10 different types of liquor, with the final being vanilla rum mixed with Armula (sp) for a big "Monkeyballs" yell. Dinner was very good, the ribs fell off the bones. They have combined the starters and salads under Starters but allow you to order more thant one.

It is now Day 3 - also a sea day......At breakfast, we had 6 pieces of silverware on the table so definetly no shortage there. The gift stores are stocked but not the special sales they used to have. They hade inch of gold one day. The slots are tight, and not overly crowded. The Cruise Director is Rick Benning, his assistant is Lesley. They have a morning show wach omrning on channel 17.

Last night was formal night, we had lobster and I saw several people ask for seconds, no problem getting it. I did hear some complaints of having to stand in line to get in the late dining setting. There is any time dining on the 3 floor entrance of the dining room. Everything was running smoothly!

I have not seen any Whale Tail cups yet, going now to ask if they have one. None in the gift shop either. The Whales tail does open up on the one side (red) into the Supper Club. Took lots of pictures will post later!

The C. Melting cake is to die for! Going to go have DOD for everyone!

Special Hello to the Unofficial Whales Tail group and my Alaska group Out there. Kathi, I did get some scrapbooking stuff on clearance!

Thanks for the live review Annette! Glad you guys are having a good time!

I have to go to work today so have 2 DOD for me please :D I have 2 of my whale tail cups on my curio where I can see them and wish my cruise was sooner.

Have FUN and can't wait to see pictures

bar tasting ...???? is that in the shop or at one of the bars????

we head out on the 6th of june ... can't wait ...

so formal night is the 2nd night at sea? and? oh and do you have any time frames on when you go under the bridges ... i have soooooooo many ??????'s :D

thank you and can't wait for the pics

Couple of questions, I forgot to ask in my last response...

Formal night.... 1st or 2nd sea day?

I also wondered about going under the bridges...

Thanks - and looking forward to more update and some pics!! Have fun and a DOD for me!

Hi Everyone..... Doing the cut cut and paste bit........due to internet costs! $55 for 100 minutes, and thid mini computer!

This is day 2 on the Pride out of Baltimore on the way to Nassua. The weather is beautiful. The ship is mildly rocking and making good time, we are now by Cape Hatteress, NC.

We arrived at the port about 11:30 am, since we had to leave the hotel by 11:00. The reception for the Press and local official started about 12:00. We were allowed to enter as soon as they had them on board. Our rooms were ready since they had sailed empty from Miami. The computer system was not yet in places so all the confirmation was being done by ink and paper. I did hear some people complaining about the S & S card still not working last night. We met our cabin steward last night and he seemed very nice, he said he could not remove the supplies from the cooler 0out of the room, but he could put them on the counter, which is where they are now. We had initial a form that he had met with us. We did see 2 cars speeding in when we were doing the muster drill - don't know if they got aboard or not.

Lunch was on the Lido deck and they had clean silverware everywhere. Extra forks were available at all stations. We went to the Bar tasting last night! They sample about 8 - 10 different types of liquor, with the final being vanilla rum mixed with Armula (sp) for a big "Monkeyballs" yell. Dinner was very good, the ribs fell off the bones. They have combined the starters and salads under Starters but allow you to order more thant one.

It is now Day 3 - also a sea day......At breakfast, we had 6 pieces of silverware on the table so definetly no shortage there. The gift stores are stocked but not the special sales they used to have. They hade inch of gold one day. The slots are tight, and not overly crowded. The Cruise Director is Rick Benning, his assistant is Lesley. They have a morning show wach omrning on channel 17.

Last night was formal night, we had lobster and I saw several people ask for seconds, no problem getting it. I did hear some complaints of having to stand in line to get in the late dining setting. There is any time dining on the 3 floor entrance of the dining room. Everything was running smoothly!

I have not seen any Whale Tail cups yet, going now to ask if they have one. None in the gift shop either. The Whales tail does open up on the one side (red) into the Supper Club. Took lots of pictures will post later!

The C. Melting cake is to die for! Going to go have DOD for everyone!

Special Hello to the Unofficial Whales Tail group and my Alaska group Out there. Kathi, I did get some scrapbooking stuff on clearance!

All I can say is that I'm pea green with envy . . . :p

Annette, you are the BOMB!!! Glad to hear that you and Elmer and having a great time. Of course I'm jealous as all get out, but still happy for you!!

The past guest party was tonight and they kept the stuff flowing. Their was a mototown review, he was really good. The band on the lido deck is GREAT does a lot Bob Marley. The show last night was Around the World with the dancer then at 11:45 was the adult rated comdey show. The Captains Party was last night, again very generous with the drinks!

I did ask about the Whale Tail cups today....none onboard, picking up some in port tomorrow. The Coconut heads came out today.

No problem going under the bridges. One right at sunset, it was beautiful!

We have an obstructed balcony......wont do again. Not as good as a clear oceanview.

Thats all for now......Nassua tomorrow.

Hi - I saw a carnival ship on the news this morning and wondered if it was the Pride. They were off the coast of S. Carolina and had to airlift a 3 year old and their Mom off the ship. Was it you guys? Just curious....

Thanks!

edit: never mind, I see it was the Miracle now. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

didn't think it was possible to be more excited about our 6/6 trip on the Pride, but after reading about sailing under a bridge at sunset I am even more anxious for month of May to fly by. Thanks for taking time out

of your vacation to keep us posted.

Hi - I saw a carnival ship on the news this morning and wondered if it was the Pride. They were off the coast of S. Carolina and had to airlift a 3 year old and their Mom off the ship. Was it you guys? Just curious....

Thanks!

saw that too...was wondering same thing....hope they are allright....

Archived