Live from the Pride - First out of Baltimore

anamanxs

Again, this may only effect a few cabins, the ones with the large life boat in the front. I talked to several and they had the smaller lifeboats and it was a clear view off the top of the railing. This picture was taken from the top of the rail, thru the railing you only see the boat. I was only a littel disappointed since I booked thru Carnival themselves and they suggested this room had a better view and it didn't. I will do more research next time and use CC and other resources available. I could have lived with the rope if that darn orange thing wasn't hanging there. Elmer told me to climb out and move it...(Yeah - right)

The other picture is of the inside of the room, very comfortable and plenty big enough for two or three.

1514671300_Carnival019.jpg.fa33ef3c3197fd3d98c2021bfdced2f5.jpg

1585214206_Carnival003.jpg.e816a6bb67e2294e4bef22a8b86222dd.jpg

I too switched from an IS to the obstructed view, it was only $60 PP so I figured that was better than the IS. Price for the regular balcony just something I don't want to spend.

I had booked one near the front and then read a review that those had the higher life boats for the first three boats. I was able to call Carnival and switched to a balcony with the three boats that are in the back.

I too switched from an IS to the obstructed view, it was only $60 PP so I figured that was better than the IS. Price for the regular balcony just something I don't want to spend.

I had booked one near the front and then read a review that those had the higher life boats for the first three boats. I was able to call Carnival and switched to a balcony with the three boats that are in the back.

I think that is a good choice.

Help!!!

Still waiting for a report of Prides current bands, styles of music, quality, etc...

Anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

They have a full aray of music. They had a Calipso, country singer, Classical. Mototown show one night - but he was a guest - left in Nassua. Classical and easy listening at piano's in several area. Several spots to go listen to all kinds of music. Disco, Light rock, Karoko (sp), country, all in bars around the ship. You could find anything you really wanted.

Three shows put on by the Carnival dancers. One Motown show, Four comedy shows, two adult only - lat night. One midnight show, we did not go to on the Lido deck. Look like a Beach - Bahama type show on the TV.

We got a wonderful price on the Quality Inn downtown. Just opened beautiful place can walk to the inner harbor. Great opening prices right now. About 10 minutes for the port of Baltimore. Only drawback is downtown parking.....Valet on weekdays required, out front and sides on weekends.

We got a wonderful price on the Quality Inn downtown. Just opened beautiful place can walk to the inner harbor. Great opening prices right now. About 10 minutes for the port of Baltimore. Only drawback is downtown parking.....Valet on weekdays required, out front and sides on weekends.

Thanks for the info - I'll check it out.

Thanks for the update. In which hotel did you stay in Baltimore?

LukeGR,

The Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh offers a park and cruise package. You can park your car there for the duration of your cruise and they offer you transportation to and from the port. They also have free continental breakfast.

I'm sailing on the Pride in July (first-time cruiser). I was wondering what your opinions are about the destinations? Did you take any excursions? Any photos/opinions/advice?

We went on the Jeep tour at Freeport and did Altantis ourselves. Altantis is just as beautiful as they say. The Jeep tour was interesting, but climbing in and out of the Jeep is a bit of a job. They put 4 people in a jeep, so two people have to crawl in and out. The Garden of the Groves is beautiful and peaceful!

The water DID have a funny yaste, but you could not taste it in the tea or Lemonaide. One of our table guest said it was a iron taste. Made the comment, no-one would have to take their iron pills on the cruise. I am a tea drink so I was good.

Coffee was very strong! Better in dining room than on Lido!

Archived