Walking distance from Seward railway to port

mochuck

1/2 mile or less, but, not "nice" clean sidewalks. Can be some gravel to deal with. It is flat. BUT if you are on a boat tour, they will store your bags and then shuttle you to the ship. This is a top tour recommendation, in my opinion. WAY superior for varied wildlife and glacier viewing, compared to anything seen from your cruiseship.

Budget Queen, are you refering to the Northwestern Fjords tour?

You don't do the Northwestern Fjord tour arriving by train the same day, unless you charter. I am referring to the same day 11:30am "regular" 6 hour boat trips.

1/2 mile or less, but, not "nice" clean sidewalks. Can be some gravel to deal with. It is flat. BUT if you are on a boat tour, they will store your bags and then shuttle you to the ship. This is a top tour recommendation, in my opinion. WAY superior for varied wildlife and glacier viewing, compared to anything seen from your cruiseship.

Budget Queen

We are doing one of those 11:30 Kenai Fjords tours the day before the cruise. Will they store our bags and then deliver them to the HIE Seward, where we are staying, do you know?

Budget Queen

We are doing one of those 11:30 Kenai Fjords tours the day before the cruise. Will they store our bags and then deliver them to the HIE Seward, where we are staying, do you know?

The Holiday Inn is right near there. You can easily roll over yourself. Probably would be the same amount of effort as loading them on a shuttle bus.

I suggest you get this information directly from the vendor.

Hi BQ, Could you give me more info on the boat trips or a link please?

Long time vendors, http://www.kenaifjords.com and Renown.

You need at least 6 hours on the water, don't consider any less.

Loaded with varied wildlife. Here is a photo sample of a single Northwestern fjords trip in 05. http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

Archived