Sugarplums and Noordam Dreams Dance In My Head

HeatherInFlorida

Just read something about how RCCL is accepting bookings for its new Ultra-Voyager ship - would be nice if HAL did the same for Noordam:

(From Cruiseblogger.com)

Tuesday, December 21

From the loyalty has its rewards department: Royal Caribbean's past passengers (Crown & Anchor Society members) will have first crack at booking space on the new "Ultra Voyager" class ship, Freedom of the Seas which is scheduled to enter service in April of 2006. The line will begin accepting bookings from C&A members on February 28, 2005. Inventory will then be opened to the general public about two weeks later. During the "members only" booking period, reservations will only be accepted through Royal Caribbean's Loyalty Center and through travel agents, and passengers must have a Crown & Anchor number. The space will not be opened for sale in the line's computer system accessible to travel agents or on the line's website until approximately mid-March.

Just called HAL reservations & spoke w/ a very nice lady named Annie.

She confirmed with her manager that we should try calling back after the first of the year - they would be more likely to have pricing, etc. by then. She also confirmed that they are not taking names or holding a waiting list for booking the maiden voyage at this time.

Brian-

Thanks for the info - I was holding w/HAL reservations and got another call, so I hung up. I'm frustrated that the news release indicates 12/20/04. My TA told me not to get my hopes up - she thought it would be closer to March, but she didn't have anything concrete, so I didn't post it at the time.

I guess we continue to wait... please make sure to post if you hear ANYTHING at all! :)

All of you are doing such a good job of handling all of the details on this that I've decided to just sit back and wait until I hear the word "GO" ;)

Have to say I can't believe all the conflicting reports each one of you gets even when speaking directly with HAL. No wonder the TA's don't know what to say!!!

See other thread - I'm booked onto the Maiden!! Also - I started an official thread on the ROLL CALL board since it's official now....

Brian - I got the PH!!! You're welcome to share - I may need the help paying for it!! Geez - this one's FULL FARE PLUSSSS!!!! :eek:

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with HAL and got group space for the Noordam for FEB 22 from NY. 24 cabins in 6 different categories but it is a little pricey, but at least no airfare for me from Jersey! And 6 gap points which means choices from dinner in the Pinnacle Grill, wine in the staterooms, soda package, photo, equiptment at half moon cay, or others to choose from!

I can't wait, we are taking 2 cabins for ourselves! :D

Chris

Which cat are you looking for? We got about 40% off the pub rates.

Ours is cat SS... but she wasn't 100% positive on the discount yet - it's still VERY high for a 10-day.

Heather-

It's looking a little rich for me too! I could go to Tahiti (and I'd much rather!) for those prices! :eek:

Heather-

It's looking a little rich for me too! I could go to Tahiti (and I'd much rather!) for those prices! :eek:

Exactly ... and on a ship without kinks;) .

Bear in mind that seawyllow is getting a rate based on booking 24 cabins. That does make quite a difference in the discount.

Exactly ... and on a ship without kinks;) .

Bear in mind that seawyllow is getting a rate based on booking 24 cabins. That does make quite a difference in the discount.

Hi HeatherinFlorida,

This is true, but the rate remains the same even if I only get 5 cabins to commit ;)

chris

Well, I am waiting for my TA to get me a price she said she is still having with HAL that no one seems to know anything yet. We have it some what set in our minds that it would be very expensive. I figured if we could get a S for no more than $3200 per person we would do it or a SS for $2500 per person. My guess is that the prices will go down but I would at least like to pick out my cabin in the very beginning. We at least would have a whole year to save till the final payment. But then I have two more this year to pay final payments on:eek: Just paid the March one a couple of weeks ago.

Chris, that's great. But 5 cabins is considered a group just the same. You would get a better rate than someone booking on their own. Maybe everyone on these boards who wants to go should get together as a group and book it. Still too rich for my blood:o

Hi Heather,

I am an agent, that is the reason I get the good rates and know the inside scoop. We are booked on the inagural sailing ourselves, so I hope to see some of you there.

Chris

Quoted from Expedia.com:

Balcony(VH) rates from 2933.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port

charges and taxes.

Suite (SS) from $4463.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port charges and taxes.

S Suites from $5753.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port charges and taxes.

Quoted from Expedia.com:

Balcony(VH) rates from 2933.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port

charges and taxes.

Suite (SS) from $4463.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port charges and taxes.

S Suites from $5753.77 pp double occupancy, includes all port charges and taxes.

:eek: :eek: OH MY!!! Unless the prices drop I may not be booking this cruise for March 15 2006. My TA still has not heard from HAL on any definite booking.:eek: :eek:

Lisa-

That is what we have gotten so far too. We were holding an SS cabin, for all four of us, the cost was over $10,000! Our TA says that discounts have not been put into place for most agencies for this cruise yet, thus the high price. Interestingly, the 3rd/4th person is only about $580... we have passed at this point. We will have to see if the price comes down - it is way too expensive to justify.

Also, the catagories are undergoing changes, they have different classifications for Suites now, like SA, SB, SC, etc... I'd like to see the deck plans.

Laura, at those prices I doubt seriously that this ship will book quickly. That really surprises me about the breakdown of the "S" suites. I am guess that those closer to the Neptune Lounge are the SA, then those that are on the lower level near the elevators are SC and maybe the aft ones are SB. Gee, this is still a Vista Class ship:confused: , a lot more cabins the prices should be less than the S Class. THe Oosterdam and Wessterdam were not that expensive for their first fiew cruises. I definitely will be waiting for prices to drop, my guess is we too will end up with a SS unless they make some huge changes in prices.

I wonder if they're just seeing what the traffic will bear, so to speak. They may want to see how much they can book at those prices and go from there. My feeling is that with the increase in prices overall in the cruise industry in the coming years, the lines will probably "float" ;) higher prices early on and check the response. It will be interesting to see it play out.

I just wanted to let everyone know a few things-

1. Group pricing is available and bookings are being accepted, TA's who say they are not getting prices or info are not talking to the correct people.

2. Expedia is publishing the listed brochure prices and not group pricing yet.

3. SS cabins on Deck 8 (Navigation deck) are under the Lido pool and Lido restaurant. There are also SS cabins available on deck 6 (Upper Verandah Deck) which would be much quieter. Cat S is on deck 7 (Rotterdam) as well as the penthouse suites.

4. Prices we got-

Cat SS- $2549.00 plus port and tax of $284.77 = $2833.77 per person

Cat VA- $1959.00 plus P&T = $2243.77 per person

Cat VD- $1749.00 plus P&T = $2033.77

Cat D- $1499.00 plus P&T = $1783.77

Cat J- $ 1184.00 plus P&T = $1468.77

3rd and 4th is $580.00 plus p&t = $864.77

Most of the balcony cabins do not take a 4th person, but a lot of the insides and outside cabins do.

If you have any questions, email me privately at seawyllow@msn.com and I will answer anything I can.

Good luck,

Chris

Archived