Sugarplums and Noordam Dreams Dance In My Head

HeatherInFlorida

Many of you know our joyous thread about our hopes of sailing on the Noordam's maiden voyage has been moved to the roll call boards and no one sees it anymore. I asked Walt to please return it here since it's really not a roll call thread. I've not heard from him which is odd because he usually responds one way or another.

I know Laffnvegas, EKerr, Ruth and probably Sail and Brian want to keep sharing the hope of living the dream as well as any information we may receive about it. So I'm trying again without dates and such so maybe it flies under the radar;) . Since it's been so long, here's the link to the former thread to refresh your memories:)

Cruise Critic Message Boards - New Noordam - Feb. 22, 2006 - There is already NEW info on the New Noordam!

Many of you know our joyous thread about our hopes of sailing on the Noordam's maiden voyage has been moved to the roll call boards and no one sees it anymore. I asked Walt to please return it here since it's really not a roll call thread. I've not heard from him which is odd because he usually responds one way or another.

I know Laffnvegas, EKerr, Ruth and probably Sail and Brian want to keep sharing the hope of living the dream as well as any information we may receive about it. So I'm trying again without dates and such so maybe it flies under the radar;) . Since it's been so long, here's the link to the former thread to refresh your memories:)

Cruise Critic Message Boards - New Noordam - Feb. 22, 2006 - There is already NEW info on the New Noordam!

Actually it really is a Roll Call thread. Wasn't the thread all about who wants to go on that maiden Noordam cruise? When time comes for booking I'm sure there will be more interest in participating in this thread. We are thinking of booking it also. :D

What a great title:D I doubt he will move this thread. I will be anxious to hear any definite dates and holding out for one that is the middle of a month. I am pretty sure I can get around being gone for a 10 day cruise. This would actually be perfect. Here's why, Our first HAL cruise was on the Zuriderdam in her Inaugural Year, then our second cruise was on the Oosterdam in her Inaugural Year, next was Ryndam just after completing SOE, next comes Westerdam still in the Inauguaral year and on this cruise we will recieve our 25 day pin:) next come the Maasdam which gets us to 35 days, then back to the Oosterdam which gives us 42. Hopefully the next cruise will then be the Noordam if we only do a 7 day cruise that puts us at 49 days not enough to get our 50 day pin:( but if we did a 10 day which would be perfect we would recieve our 50 day giving us 52 days and completing the circle of having gone on all 4 of the Vista Class ships in their Inauguaral Year and getting 50 days on HAL:p

Well, I still don't see how it can be considered a Roll Call thread when the date or itnerary isn't really set yet. It has changed three times that I know of!

Heather - thanks for starting this new thread - we needed it! Maybe if we avoid mentioning specific dates and see what happens.

I am already for this one. :)

In fact, it will be on my Christmas "Wish List" for 2005!

I also heard more about the tentative schedule for Noordam.

My understanding is that after it's inaugural Caribbean season that it would return to Europe and spend the summer there...

Either way, the schedule should be out after the first of the year - I'm like a little kid who can't sleep waiting for Santa Claus...

ekerr & bepsf

Where do you get your information from? I am interested in this cruise and I have a feeling it might sell-out quickly. I've asked my TA about it and he said 'after the first of the year.' I went with my daughter (who is planning her wedding) to a TA, and she had no idea what I was talking about.-maybe her mind was still focused on my daughter.

Is there a website or a publication that will give me this info?

Thanks in advance,

Pat.

I've been thinking about cutting back on the length of my cruises after next year's trans-Atlantic. I've also pretty much decided to go back to Alaska in '06---very possibly north/south back-to-backs.

So, taking a 10 or 11-day Caribbean out of NYC in the winter would fit nicely with both ideas.

Even though I've never been attracted to the Vista-class ships---way too large, no self-service laundry---the thought of sailing a maiden voyage is very attractive. Add the idea that NYC as the port and I'm starting to see those same visions.

(And no, this is not a roll-call thread. It's a recruitment thread!:D )

Actually it really is a Roll Call thread. Wasn't the thread all about who wants to go on that maiden Noordam cruise? When time comes for booking I'm sure there will be more interest in participating in this thread. We are thinking of booking it also. :D

Well, I don't really think of it as a roll call thread because we have no date and we have no bookings. A roll call is for people who have booked a specific date on a specific cruise. We have neither:D . When we have a date and we start booking, then we'll go to the roll call! Sound good? Meantime, we're just "chatting";) .

Lisa, glad you like the title. I had to rack my brain for that one;) !!

Ruth, we'll talk more about this in January, but it's definitely on my thought burner!:)

Now where is Sail?????!!!!

Walt hasn't replied because he's away and without web access at the moment ;) .

Walt's view was that as these threads are about a specific, upcoming cruise - even if the dates aren't set and bookings haven't been taken - they do belong on the Roll Call board. I agree with him on this. While there may be no dates, no itinerary, and no bookings yet, the purpose of this thread is still the same as a roll call - to discuss a specific future cruise with (in this case, potential) future shipmates - therefore, it goes on the Roll Call board.

I do apologise if you feel that your threads are being moved to where nobody will see it, however the Roll Call forum is the proper place for these discussions.

If you wish to open a thread about the new NOORDAM herself, or any other more general topic (not about a specific cruise) on the main board you are welcome to do so.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I am very upset and I just don't agree. There is no cruise, there is no date and there are no bookings. No one will look for this on the Roll Call board because no one has booked the cruise.

People don't go to the Roll Calls until they book a cruise. So how are we to discuss it?

I have to agree with Heather - nobody looks here until it's booked...:confused: and we can't even book it yet!

In fact, since the change on the boards, the Roll Calls are not nearly as active as they used to be. Some posters have complained about not being able to find the link to change over - it used to be right at the top of the page and you could go back and forth.... oh well

Regardless, we are discussing other aspects of the New Noordam - from her itinerary and schedule and what we like to see.. hmmm, guess I'm just confused.

I totally agree with Heather. Unless you are already booked one does not go to the Roll Call Board. I certainly don't go to the Roll Call Board to see if anyone as started a Roll Call then choose that cruise. I don't go to the Roll Call board till I am booked and paid my deposit. All we were doing was talking about the excitment of "when" the new Noordam would have her first sailing. We certainly were not starting a "Roll Call of who is sailing on this cruise"

If it always has to be in the "Roll Call Board" how are we to talk to everyone in the regular HAL board about when HAL does publish info about the first sailing?

The Noordam is on my Christmas Wish list for 2005, too! I think it will be interesting to see just where the Maiden Voyage will be. So many rumors; one poster, Esme, I believe, said that it would be a Venice to Athens cruise in February, 2006. Actually, I will be disappointed if the Maiden Voyage is not a trans-Atlantic. I was looking forward to a winter-time visit to Venice and a long cruise to somewhere in North America. I thought that the voyage might end at Port Canaveral, since the Zaandam seems to be moving out of that port. (I can't imagine Holland America giving up a berthing place at that port and figured the Zaandam's move might be to make room for the Noordam.)

Like kids at Christmas, we will just have to wait and see!

Oh Heather - you are killing me! Yes, I do thank you very much! You really went to bat for us and I appreciate it!

DH has the same philosophy - it is far better for Laura to have what she wants - everyone is happier that way! HAA HAA, Joking! :eek:

DH has the same philosophy - it is far better for Laura to have what she wants - everyone is happier that way! HAA HAA, Joking! :eek:

If you would ask Tom my DH he would say that is the key to a Long Happy Marrige:D and the words "Yes Dear" But trust me it doens't hurt to keep him happy also. As long as we can see a cruise in the near future we are BOTH Happy:p

The Noordam is on my Christmas Wish list for 2005, too! I think it will be interesting to see just where the Maiden Voyage will be. So many rumors; one poster, Esme, I believe, said that it would be a Venice to Athens cruise in February, 2006. Actually, I will be disappointed if the Maiden Voyage is not a trans-Atlantic. I was looking forward to a winter-time visit to Venice and a long cruise to somewhere in North America. I thought that the voyage might end at Port Canaveral, since the Zaandam seems to be moving out of that port. (I can't imagine Holland America giving up a berthing place at that port and figured the Zaandam's move might be to make room for the Noordam.)

Like kids at Christmas, we will just have to wait and see!

rka, if you click on the link in my first post which will take you to EKerr's first thread about all this, you'll see the info she had received about the maiden voyage. Her thread is now on the Roll Call board. We finally convinced Doug and Walt to at least move this one back over here so we can get fresh info as it happens.

So, everyone, as you learn stuff ... don't forget to let us know!!! But deep down this is EKerr's party and she's the Captain of the ship!:D

You may be interested in this. I received the message below as a result of my recent e mail enquiry to HAL -----

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We sincerely apologize that recent modifications to our website have resulted in an unexpected delay to our e-mail response system. This did not allow us the opportunity to reply to your message prior to now. We appreciate your patience and apologize again for the delay.

Yes, Noordam is scheduled to join our fleet in mid-2006. The 2006 product is currently not available for new reservations at this time. We suggest to check back Mar/Apr 2005 for further updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance to you. We are confident our "Tradition of Excellence" will have surpassed your expectations.

------At least they were kind enough to reply. Sounds like she will be booked up very fast once the reservation info' is available.

Stay tuned -------Happy cruising.

Archived