Sugarplums and Noordam Dreams Dance In My Head

HeatherInFlorida

You may be interested in this. I received the message below as a result of my recent e mail enquiry to HAL -----

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We sincerely apologize that recent modifications to our website have resulted in an unexpected delay to our e-mail response system. This did not allow us the opportunity to reply to your message prior to now. We appreciate your patience and apologize again for the delay.

Yes, Noordam is scheduled to join our fleet in mid-2006. The 2006 product is currently not available for new reservations at this time. We suggest to check back Mar/Apr 2005 for further updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance to you. We are confident our "Tradition of Excellence" will have surpassed your expectations.

------At least they were kind enough to reply. Sounds like she will be booked up very fast once the reservation info' is available.

Stay tuned -------Happy cruising.

Hmmm - I guess misinformation is better than no information at all...

:cool:

If you would ask Tom my DH he would say that is the key to a Long Happy Marrige:D and the words "Yes Dear" But trust me it doens't hurt to keep him happy also. As long as we can see a cruise in the near future we are BOTH Happy:p

No, it's those three little words, uttered over and over again, that keeps peace in a marriage -

I'm sorry, dear

:rolleyes: -dave

Ah, Dave ...... that only works if it's heartfelt;) .

Now why is HAL saying the Noordam will join them in "mid 2006" if EKerr was told the maiden voyage will be at the end of February. No way that is considered "mid".

Hey! Maybe I won't have to freeze my buns off after all:D !

Well, I think gizmo also received the same recent info that I did. Looks like she will be available for booking on 12/20/04? it can't be 12/20/05 - so I'm assuming it's 2004.

I think HAL has contracted out much of it's customer service to third party providers. My niece works for a company that handles customer service calls for Amex and Ford Motors (recall division) and several others. These people (CSRs) are just in one big call center answering phones and handling customer inquiry. She says that while the company tries to train each individual that handles specific calls, say for Amex - they have alot of turnover and they get alot of complaints that the CSR doesn't know what they are talking about.

SO, to make my long winded point - I don't trust any CSR anymore. It's a shame you can't get info "directly from the horses mouth" but the reality is that you can't. It is alot cheaper for the company to out source this function anymore.

I trust my TA - I will ask her about the 12/20/04 date.

For those of you who may have tried or have emailed me the past few days - my email is down again! I called to find out the problem, but got a CSR who didn't know what she talking about - I'll give it another day. :)

From the other thread it sounds like it is getting more official with actual date.

I just got off the phone with my TA who has it on her calender to call HAL the morning of the 20th. I will not be in town ( I will be traveling to Phoenix the weekend of the 18th, 19th and 20th) Oh my will I be able to handle not being on the CC Boards:eek:

We planning to book a suite for the March 15th cruise.

Let's keep it! I like it too.... We are looking at cabins SS8099 or S7051 if the Noordam is configured like the Westerdam!

I love the fact that they have quad balcony cabins besides Suites... we cannot justify paying for all four of us in a Suite... :(

I think 7051 looks nice for you. Go for that one;)

Would you believe we have 7051 for our upcoming Westerdam in March:D

I didn't think about it but should tell my TA to get us 7051 again.

We are still waiting for the Suite to open up for the Maasdam in July we have B137 but have now decided we want a S but all balcony and S's show closed I personally think in January or February they will open up more. I think they wait till they have a good size wait list then open it up so that you are willing to pay more to get it. We have a S5187 for the Oosterdam in October but that sure is a long way from the Neptune Lounge. At least I will get my exercise:D We wanted to try an Aft cabin just once.

Laura, I think you should go for 7051, then you can take care of it for us:)

Laura, I think you should go for 7051, then you can take care of it for us:)

We are definitely considering it - you had it on Westerdam, was it too close to the Concierge entrance??? We were in 7053 on the Zui and found it very close, we could always hear people chatting outside our door...

If we end up booking it, we will leave it in excellent condition for you ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I checked this am...

Although I guess I shouldn't expect a schedule posted for a ship that they've barely begun building, I would think that HAL would have a schedule out for the rest of the line - esp. considering that Carnival and Princess are taking reservations for 2006 & even Carnival corporate says that trends are for passengers to book cruises farther in advance...

Oh wow!!! Wonder if there will be something on their website. Have to look first thing!!! Just in time for Christmas:)

Well, my TA is on vacation - I emailed the contact she told me to and low and behold still waiting - the contact turned my request over to someone else within the agency and - nothing... not a thing... not exactly what I expect from my TA....

I just got a call (finally) from the guy filling in for my TA - he said he called HAL and was told March 2005 - but I think someone (Thulwx?) posted yesterday that he heard the same thing initally - then it changed to today...

Hi Everyone, Was I missed?, I went out of town to Phoenix for 3 days now trying to get caught up on the boards. Well, my TA just called me and after several attempts was finally directed to someone who just sort of knew a little bit about the Noordam. It seems that they may have jumped the gun a little bit about stating they could start to make reservations on the 20th of December. It seems they cannot offically take reservations yet but can take your name and category you are requesting down and place you where they want to when it does become available. Then something about it was a direct booking thru HAL but once it was officially opened the booking would transfer back to my TA. It seems that they may not know for sure yet when the first sailing will be. It is possible it could be delayed. My TA said it sounded like they would know more after the first of the year, she is to check back with them around the 4 or 5th of January. She asked if I wanted on the waiting list and I told her just to wait till it was actually available since they cannot even quote a price. I most likely will so a Suite but if the prices are really high may drop down to a SS.

Archived