Welcome Aboard PDF

I happened upon the ncl.eu "Welcome Aboard" brochure by mistake... clicked "Questions and Answers" and there it was! It talks all about US regulations so I am ASSuming that it applies... Does not say 'Europe Only" or anything, though it does have European phone numbers... the mail clue that it wasn't American...

The luggage regulations seem to differ from the Welcome Aboards received by recent CC-ers... 100 KG (220.5 pounds) with no '2 bag' restriciton. Hmmmmm. (No 'pack light' video advice, please! LOL)

Has anybody seen the American version of the Welcome Aboard on line? I am 35 days out and my e-docs are still pending so I have low confidence that I will ever see my own "Welcome Aboard" kit. :(

http://www.ncl.eu/welcome/EN/welcome_aboard_EN.pdf

I have cruised NCL for years and have never had an issue with the number of bags I bring on board. NCL says 2 bags when you fly I think just because that is usually all that is allowed.

I have cruised NCL for years and have never had an issue with the number of bags I bring on board. NCL says 2 bags when you fly I think just because that is usually all that is allowed.

NCL just changed their baggage rules a couple of weeks ago, so you can't rely on past experience. It remains to be seen how the new limits will be enforced.

If you never get the Welcome Aboard doc, there is the Guest Ticket Contract which seems to be silent on amount or weight of luggage;

Baggage and Valuables:

(a) The term “baggage” means suitcases, valises, satchels, bags, hangers or bundles and their contents consisting of clothing, clothing accessories, toilet articles, and similar personal

effects, including all other personal property of the Guest not in a container. The Carrier does not undertake to carry as baggage any tools of trade, household goods, fragile or

valuable items, precious metals, jewelry, documents, negotiable instruments, or other valuables, including but not limited to those specified in 46 U.S.C. § 30503. The Guest warrants

that no such items will be presented to the Carrier within any receptacle or container as baggage, and hereby releases the Carrier from all liability whatsoever for loss of or damage to

such items when presented to the Carrier in breach of this warranty. The Guest further warrants that he or she has not carried onto the vessel any goods or articles for purposes of

trade or commerce, nor contraband, nor goods or articles which otherwise may violate the customs laws of the country from which the vessel embarks or of any other port State

visited by the vessel during the course of the voyage, and the Guest agrees to indemnity the Carrier for any fines, duties, taxes, or other penalties that may be incurred as a result of

any item brought on board by the Guest. The Carrier shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to any perishable items, dentures, optical devices (including contact lenses),

medications, cameras, recreational and/or sporting equipment, cash, securities or other negotiable instruments under any circumstances whatsoever, whether carried within the

Guest’s baggage or otherwise.

(b) The Guest and Carrier agree and stipulate that the aggregate value of all the Guest’s baggage and any other property lawfully brought on board by the Guest does not exceed U.S.

$100.00 and any liability of the Carrier or the vessel for any cause whatsoever with respect to said baggage shall not exceed such sum unless the Guest shall specify its true value, in

writing, and pay to the Carrier before embarkation 5% of the excess of such value, in which case the Carrier’s liability, if any, shall be limited to the actual damage sustained up to,

but not exceeding such specified value. In no event shall Carrier be liable for normal wear or tear of the Guest’s property or baggage.

© The Guest agrees that all disclaimers and limitations of liability contained herein shall apply to all valuables stored or accepted for storage by the Carrier, including valuables stored

with the Carrier in safety deposit boxes or security envelopes. The Carrier cannot accept responsibility for, and in no event shall be liable for, the loss of or damage to valuables or

other articles left in cabins, and in no event shall the Carrier be liable for loss of or damage to property of any kind not shown by the Guest to have occurred while in the Carrier’s

actual custody.

(d) The Guest agrees to promptly report any loss of or damage to baggage during loading or disembarking, to the Carrier’s personnel, prior to debarking the customs area; the Carrier

shall not be responsible for any such loss or damage which is not so reported. Liability, if any, for loss or damage to baggage occurring elsewhere than on board the vessel in

connection with air, car, motor coach, ground transfers, porters, stevedores and/or hotels shall rest solely with the person or entity providing such services and the Guest agrees that

the Carrier does not guarantee the performance of such services and shall not be liable in any respect or capacity for any such loss or damage.

(e) The Guest will not be liable to pay nor entitled to receive any general average or salvage contribution or award in respect to property taken by the Guest onto the vessel.

Baggage and Valuables:

(a) The term “baggage” means suitcases, valises, satchels, bags, hangers or bundles and their contents consisting of clothing, clothing accessories, toilet articles, and similar personal

effects, including all other personal property of the Guest not in a container. The Carrier does not undertake to carry as baggage any tools of trade, household goods, fragile or

valuable items, precious metals, jewelry, documents, negotiable instruments, or other valuables, including but not limited to those specified in 46 U.S.C. § 30503. The Guest warrants

that no such items will be presented to the Carrier within any receptacle or container as baggage, and hereby releases the Carrier from all liability whatsoever for loss of or damage to

such items when presented to the Carrier in breach of this warranty. The Guest further warrants that he or she has not carried onto the vessel any goods or articles for purposes of

trade or commerce, nor contraband, nor goods or articles which otherwise may violate the customs laws of the country from which the vessel embarks or of any other port State

visited by the vessel during the course of the voyage, and the Guest agrees to indemnity the Carrier for any fines, duties, taxes, or other penalties that may be incurred as a result of

any item brought on board by the Guest. The Carrier shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to any perishable items, dentures, optical devices (including contact lenses),

medications, cameras, recreational and/or sporting equipment, cash, securities or other negotiable instruments under any circumstances whatsoever, whether carried within the

Guest’s baggage or otherwise.

(b) The Guest and Carrier agree and stipulate that the aggregate value of all the Guest’s baggage and any other property lawfully brought on board by the Guest does not exceed U.S.

$100.00 and any liability of the Carrier or the vessel for any cause whatsoever with respect to said baggage shall not exceed such sum unless the Guest shall specify its true value, in

writing, and pay to the Carrier before embarkation 5% of the excess of such value, in which case the Carrier’s liability, if any, shall be limited to the actual damage sustained up to,

but not exceeding such specified value. In no event shall Carrier be liable for normal wear or tear of the Guest’s property or baggage.

© The Guest agrees that all disclaimers and limitations of liability contained herein shall apply to all valuables stored or accepted for storage by the Carrier, including valuables stored

with the Carrier in safety deposit boxes or security envelopes. The Carrier cannot accept responsibility for, and in no event shall be liable for, the loss of or damage to valuables or

other articles left in cabins, and in no event shall the Carrier be liable for loss of or damage to property of any kind not shown by the Guest to have occurred while in the Carrier’s

actual custody.

(d) The Guest agrees to promptly report any loss of or damage to baggage during loading or disembarking, to the Carrier’s personnel, prior to debarking the customs area; the Carrier

shall not be responsible for any such loss or damage which is not so reported. Liability, if any, for loss or damage to baggage occurring elsewhere than on board the vessel in

connection with air, car, motor coach, ground transfers, porters, stevedores and/or hotels shall rest solely with the person or entity providing such services and the Guest agrees that

the Carrier does not guarantee the performance of such services and shall not be liable in any respect or capacity for any such loss or damage.

(e) The Guest will not be liable to pay nor entitled to receive any general average or salvage contribution or award in respect to property taken by the Guest onto the vessel.

I happened upon the ncl.eu "Welcome Aboard" brochure by mistake... clicked "Questions and Answers" and there it was! It talks all about US regulations so I am ASSuming that it applies... Does not say 'Europe Only" or anything, though it does have European phone numbers... the mail clue that it wasn't American...

The luggage regulations seem to differ from the Welcome Aboards received by recent CC-ers... 100 KG (220.5 pounds) with no '2 bag' restriciton. Hmmmmm. (No 'pack light' video advice, please! LOL)

Has anybody seen the American version of the Welcome Aboard on line? I am 35 days out and my e-docs are still pending so I have low confidence that I will ever see my own "Welcome Aboard" kit. :(

http://www.ncl.eu/welcome/EN/welcome_aboard_EN.pdf

But the last page says all of this is subject to change as well......

Archived