Can I ask you guys to cast your opinion?

On one hand I want everything to return to normal for the port towns, this has to be financially devestating to them and I want people to get better quickly.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind my cruise turned into a 7 day and get to hit the ports at the prices Fantasy is doing now. That would be awesome. But it wouldnt' be worth it if people were still getting sick and not able to feed their families because of closed down ports.

My guess is also some time late May or early June, unless things get worse then they are now.

Hope for the best and try not to worry about it. It will be interesting to watch how the May 3rd Splendor cruise goes - people might absolutely love it and of course the weather should be better by May 24th too.

I am on the May 3rd cruise and will give you the ups and downs without the flowery nonsense when I return. Some may find it a rant but like another post said, I would rather have the honest details good or bad than just a lot of happy crap about Joe Schmo who served me a smile with my chocolate souffle or that really friendly piano player or other niche expereinces not a concern or interest to the overall traveller. I will focus on timeliness, confusion with an altered schedule in arrival/departure times, port issues on arrival, shorex coordination on board, cabin hop-scotch, the seas, rain impact, possible altered entertainment, sickness on board, population on the ship, and any special considerations Carnival may make to make this modified warm to cold itinerary enjoyable. Of course there will always be some who grumble about the salt shakers are not filled, and some that would find their cruise on the Titanic an enjoyable experience (never never say anything bad cause mama told me).

Yesterday I noticed that on a Key West port schedule, they have Carnival's adjusted itineraries listed through the end of May, showing Holiday, Valor, etc. in port. It would be a good bet that they will avoid Mexico at least until June.

Archived