kenai fjord ... enough time during b2b?

cruisinsmoothly

We are on a 14-day Van-Van on the Veendam that has us in Seward from 6am-8pm on July 5th. Will we be OK with a Kenai Fjords tour that runs from 11:30-5:30? I would expect that we would be back onboard by 6pm, but I am not familiar with the b2b aspect of reboarding. Anyone with any insight?

We are on a 14-day Van-Van on the Veendam that has us in Seward from 6am-8pm on July 5th. Will we be OK with a Kenai Fjords tour that runs from 11:30-5:30? I would expect that we would be back onboard by 6pm, but I am not familiar with the b2b aspect of reboarding. Anyone with any insight?

You need to contact the cruiseline and find out what time you have to board in Seward. From all I have read, the boat tours will return on time as many of its passengers are taking the 6:00 p.m. train to Anchorage. It is just a matter of what time your cruiselines says you have to be on board. My guess is you are just fine. Have you considered the 8:00 am. tour which returns at 2:00 p.m.? That would give you time for both the boat tour and either the Sealife Center or Exit Glacier. Here is the link:

http://www.kenaifjords.com/543.cfm

• Administrators

During our HAL b2b last summer we took the 9 hour Northwestern Glacier Kenai Fjords trip without any trouble at all. I emailed HAL in advance about it, and they assured me it would be fine. It was. You are given an "in transit" card the night before arrival in Seward, and basically you can leave in the morning whenever you want, and must be onboard by... I think it was.... 7:00 (1 hour before sailing). We were back onboard by 6:15 or so (the shuttle from the Kenai Fjords office to the cruise dock took maybe ten minutes).

You should be all "checked" in prior to your Seward arrival, for the following week???

Yes, you most certainly have time for this boat tour, as well as the Northwestern Fjords tour and if you wish to consider an early start, can also get on the 8am tours, leaving some time after the 2pm return for other touring. Could get a walk around town or look at Exit Glacier. etc. http://www.seward.com

Last year myself 45, DM 65, DF 70 did a back to back on Volendam. The highlight of our entire cruise was the Northwestern Fjords tour. It was well worth it. We ordered the Northerlights coupon book and used only that one coupon and it was well worth it.

Archived