Room Service

Hi just new to cruise critic, we are traveling from Australia and going on our first RCI cruise to mexico on June 28 (if itinerary doesnt change) we have only been on Princess before and thought we'd try RCI,

Just wondering if the room service onboard mariner of the Seas is free, and if the burgers and pizzas are also free like on all princess cruises.

Hi AussieTJ. Welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

Yes, the pizzas and burgers are free like on Princess. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing!!:p I spent 5 weeks on the Rhapsody, and the amount times I got tempted to have a slice of pizza or a cookie or two, I wish it wasn't complimentary.:o

Room Service is also free, but between 12 midnight and 5am there is a nominal surcharge. Can't remember what it was though.

Have a blast!!;)

Hi just new to cruise critic, we are traveling from Australia and going on our first RCI cruise to mexico on June 28 (if itinerary doesnt change) we have only been on Princess before and thought we'd try RCI,

Just wondering if the room service onboard mariner of the Seas is free, and if the burgers and pizzas are also free like on all princess cruises.

Yes, room service on RCI is free. CC members suggest gratuity of $1-$3 pp. Between midnight and 5 AM, there is a $3.95 charge which apparently includes gratuity.

AussieTJ,

Others have answered your question but I wanted to encourage you to join the Roll Call for the cruise.... I am already on and we are confirmed for an official meet and mingle..... love to see an Aussie to chat to.... I am Aussie born and bred but living in the US for the last 10 years and missing my aussie mars bars (yes they are different here).

Please come on over to Roll Call

Sunshinejp2

Thanks everyone for your reply

Even though we are traveling a long way for our cruise, and we are a bit concerned about the swine flu, we really dont care were we cruise, just so long as we are cruising.

We have traveled twice to the US and have cruised the pacific coast both times and loved it.

Look forward to more chatting:)

Hi AussieTJ

Welcome to CC!

Would love to read a review once you have been on Mariner. I'm planning a trip on her next year and would love to know what you think.

I hope you do get to do the Mexican cruise but if not i'm sure it'll still be awesome :D.

AussieTJ,

Others have answered your question but I wanted to encourage you to join the Roll Call for the cruise.... I am already on and we are confirmed for an official meet and mingle..... love to see an Aussie to chat to.... I am Aussie born and bred but living in the US for the last 10 years and missing my aussie mars bars (yes they are different here).

Please come on over to Roll Call

Sunshinejp2

Hi Sunshinejp2

If you can wait for those Marsbars till next year I can bring you some...my DH works for Mars in Australia :D:D:D (I prefer Tim tams though ;)).

Rose ,

if you would bring me Mars Bars I would love you forever!!!:p

Seriously that is the one thing I miss the most food wise... Tim Tams were sold in Target here for a while (part of the Australia movie promo) my American friends loved timtams almost as much as Hugh Jackman!! :eek:

My parents always bring me milk bottles, tim tams and Mars Bars.... I always run out of Mars bars first.... and I never share with anyone!!!!

:D I definitely need to work with your husband.

Just wanted to add you can also order from the dinner menu during regular dinner times, and I believe you can do the same for lunch on sea days when lunch is served in the dining room.

AFAIK that is only a suite perk... at least they herald it as a suite perk.

AFAIK that is only a suite perk... at least they herald it as a suite perk.

If that's true then it must be something new - I know you used to be able to order off the dining room menu from any cabin.

If that's true then it must be something new - I know you used to be able to order off the dining room menu from any cabin.

An excerpt of the new perks:

-- Upgraded room service. In addition to complimentary 24-hour room service, passengers in suites will receive coffee and tea service throughout their cruise and have exclusive privilege to order from the main dining room’s full breakfast, lunch or dinner menus for in-room dining.

Archived