What to bring to hang wet clothes???

holdon216

I have not been on a cruise since 2003. I know i hung wet/washed bathing suits etc. in the bathroom. Can't remember what i used. Is there a shower curtain rod?? What have you guys used to hang things to dry???

THANKS!!!

Make sure you are sure to secure the clothes line while using it. My DW had pulled it out to hang some clothes on it, didnt secure it good, and WHAM, snapped back and hit her on the side of the head:eek:...She was fine, stung a little, but me, I was on the floor laughing my ass off!:D

Make sure you are sure to secure the clothes line while using it. My DW had pulled it out to hang some clothes on it, didnt secure it good, and WHAM, snapped back and hit her on the side of the head:eek:...She was fine, stung a little, but me, I was on the floor laughing my ass off!:D

Don't feel bad that image made me literally LOL

I just wash out my suit and lay it on the bed in front of my mini fan. The material is just damp when it's wrung out so it's dry in 10 minutes. I've heard the shamwows actually work really well to get the wetness out of swimsuits. Think I'll pick up one of those to wring it in before laying it out.

I've heard the shamwows actually work really well to get the wetness out of swimsuits.

Those towels work great. I've bought those at the fair for years now. We also use them to quick dry our hair. They absorb even better when damp.

They are not as pretty as my REI camp towel, but they do get the job done.

One cavaet -- do not throw them into a dryer. They shrink worse than a wool sweater.

I always bring about 10 clothespins with me - they take up very little room and really help to secure the wet bathing suits or whatever else to the line in the shower. I also use a few clipped to the bottom of the shower curtain for weight - it keeps the curtain from blowing in on you. :)

I would be on the floor too.:D:D

Poobears - Ok, hope this doesn't sound dumb, but what the heck is a "shamwow" and where do you get them? Are they expensive? Thanks!

Sue

It's a soft and super absorbent shammy type towel. You can buy them online but save the shipping because you can get them in stores now too. I know Wal-mart sells them. They sell a big pack with 3 or 4 smaller ones and 3 or 4 bigger ones in one box for $19.96 or something like that. Or if you look around the checkouts they have a pack of 2 smaller ones for around $6.

They are reusable over and over so it seems like a good investment.

and that "shower clothes line" is while handy is NOT big.. holds 2 bathing suits if that!

And shower while handy is NOT big and only hold one person, if that :eek: Of course if two wish to shower together it will be a very tight fit :D

I had a bunch of large binder clips from work. They clip to the chiars on the patio and will keep things from blowing away. They also work great for clipping your towel to the deck chairs and for keep the shower curtain from clinging to your legs while in the shower.

On our first two cruises, both on Glory, our shower line was too short to reach the other side to fasten it. It wasn't even the same cabin. Tried to get it fixed, but of course nothing happened.

I now bring a few plastic clothes pegs with me and clip anything damp right onto the outside top edge or folds of the shower curtain.

We can still use the shower without having to move the hanging items.

Archived