Bed arrangement in mini-suite

linjangg

We will be cruising on the Golden Pricess in Aug and booked a mini-suite for 4. Does anyone know the bed arrangement in this type of cabin? We have cruised with Disney 3 times and their rooms have one queen and a set of bunks. Is it the same in the Princess mini-suite. It is hard to tell from the deck plans. It just shows the "sofa bed". I am afraid the "sofa bed" makes into another queen bed. If my kids have to share a bed it will be ugly for us all!:eek:

We will be cruising on the Golden Pricess in Aug and booked a mini-suite for 4. Does anyone know the bed arrangement in this type of cabin? We have cruised with Disney 3 times and their rooms have one queen and a set of bunks. Is it the same in the Princess mini-suite. It is hard to tell from the deck plans. It just shows the "sofa bed". I am afraid the "sofa bed" makes into another queen bed. If my kids have to share a bed it will be ugly for us all!:eek:

We will also be cruising on the Golden in August (22-29) and will be in a Mini-Suite w/4. The sofa bed does make into another bed (not sure of the size, possibly close to queen). The Mini-Suite we are (not sure if all of them have it) also has a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling. When will you be cruising in Aug? Enjoy your cruise.

We will be cruising Aug 8-15. I am hoping the room has the bunk bed configuration. Our kids ds10 and dd8 will not sleep in the same bed. I am just making sure we booked the right room for our sanity!

I have found in the past, this question is better answered with a picture. And since the picture is not actually mine, but another cc members, I will post a link to it.

This shows the third and forth passenger bed configuration in a grand class or larger mini suite.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1290537902015325211uKRMuQ?vhost=travel

We always book the mini-suite and just returned on the Star and have been on the Golden. The sofa in the sitting area is the size of a 'love seat' so, it wouldn't be anywhere near the size of a queen and probably not even the size of a regular. In fact, we were commenting on that fact on our last cruise...definitely not big enough for more than one adult or, possibly, 2 very small children. They may have other categories for your purpose, I would contact Princess. Good luck.

I have never seen, or heard of, a sofa bed in a Princess mini suite that sleeps more than one. They are quite narrow. Also, I would doubt Princess would allow 4 passengers to book a mini suite that only had a sofa bed and no pull down bunk. You have to watch closely the symbols on the deck plans as they tell exactly how many passenger each stateroom will accomodate, and they don't allow you to squeeze in an extra one even if they did sleep in the same bed. ;)

I have found in the past, this question is better answered with a picture. And since the picture is not actually mine, but another cc members, I will post a link to it.

This shows the third and forth passenger bed configuration in a grand class or larger mini suite.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1290537902015325211uKRMuQ?vhost=travel

Thanks for posting the link to photo! This will work for us. Only difference is (with our past staterooms) is that it is a "traditional" bunk (twin over twin) instead of offset. But this will be great! Thanks:)

We were on the Ruby in October and our mini suite did not have a pull-down bunk, just the sofa bed. All mini suites are not created equally. You might want to confirm this before you sail. Have a great voyage.

If they have four passengers then the room should have a bunk in addition to the sofabed.

Thanks for posting the link to photo! This will work for us. Only difference is (with our past staterooms) is that it is a "traditional" bunk (twin over twin) instead of offset. But this will be great! Thanks:)

Janelle, Just make sure your mini suite sleeps 4 please. If it doesn't there was a mistake made somewhere in the booking. There are minis that do not have the pull down bunk bed, and only a sofa sleeper built for one. Enjoy!

I absolutely agree, make sure your mini suite is set up for 4. The sofa bed will definitely accommodate only 1 person, and you wouldn't want to have a rollaway pulled in even if Princess is willing to do this (which they probably wouldn't but I know other cruise lines do.) Celebrity talked us into this once, and never again. Walking space will already be restricted when the sofa bed is open.

The sofa bed is about the size of a twin bed,2 kids could sleep on it,and some rooms have a pull-down bunk too,the main bed is made to a queen,but as todo said check and make sure of 3rd bed,the pic todo showed,was exactly like our room,which was e-729,on emerald deck,hope this helps you:));)

Thanks everyone, yes our room does accomodate 4. We are on the Golden Princess in room d633. Per the deck plans, it says 4 people. We should be good. Anyone who has cruised with young children (ours will be 10 and 8) will understand how important the room and sleeping arrangements are!:D

I have never seen, or heard of, a sofa bed in a Princess mini suite that sleeps more than one. They are quite narrow. Also, I would doubt Princess would allow 4 passengers to book a mini suite that only had a sofa bed and no pull down bunk. You have to watch closely the symbols on the deck plans as they tell exactly how many passenger each stateroom will accomodate, and they don't allow you to squeeze in an extra one even if they did sleep in the same bed. ;)

They actually will allow you to book one with 4 passengers without a pull down bunk. We initially were booked in and AD category on the Island. No pull down but they were going to give us a roll away. The more I thought about it the less acceptable it became. So I called and we upgraded to an AB category on the Caribe deck that actually had the pull down. There are actually very few mini suites that will have that pull down bunk. If you look at the diagram of the ship, it will tell you which ones have the bunk. I'm sure each ship is different, but this was our experience.

I can't even imagine where in the world they would put a roll away with the sofa bed made up? I don't know what they are thinking as there is no floor space whatsoever to put a roll away in a mini suite with the sofa bed in use.

With regular staterooms such as a balcony cabin, you have the space by the desk by the sliding door, but with the middle island in the minis, that space doesn't exist.

First I have ever heard of Princess attempting to offer a roll away for a 4th person in a mini suite:confused: I am wondering if this wasn't an error on a CSR's part :confused:

On my Sapphire cruise a couple of weeks ago, I had an "AD" mini-suite. The sofa was a FULL SIZE sofa: large enough for me to put a pillow at one end and lay down without my feet touching the end (and no, I'm not 3'6"). And while I didn't check it, I'm pretty certain it was a pull-out bed as whenever I got up, I could hear the springs. There was also a pull-down bed above the sofa. Sorry, I didn't get a photo of the sofa; I should have but it was definitely a full-sized one.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the bunk (upper) is always over the sofa or if it is over the regular bed. Anyone on the Star or Golden? Where was the upper? Over the sofa or the main bed.

Why? Princess shows our reservation that the beds are setup as twin, not queen. I have no way to change to queen online. So, I'm wondering if the upper for my family (10 & 8 as well) is over the main bed(s).

We are on the Star princess 8/23 sailing.

There seems to be a lot of confusing and conflicting information in the brochures and on the website over bedding configurations in general where there are 3rd/4th persons in a cabin.

Believe me, and I corresponded for over six months trying to get a final clarification on my cabin, the only way it was resolved was to get someone to actually email the ship where they sent the steward into the cabin to confirm the actual layout.

The Personaliser will not let you choose Queen bed if the cabin is configured to sleep four - it has a default setting apparently. I have notes in my booking confirming my layout but, for some reason, they will not let me have this in black and white!!

Have looked into Mini suites and it seems that, almost always, the upper berth is over the sofa bed. The sofa bed is akin to a UK single bed - US call these twins and this makes for more confusion with Princess!!.

I just hope I get what I have been led to believe I have when I board or I will be first in the queue at the Desk!!

Karen

Mini suites on the Grand Class ships have the twins/queen in one area, and the pull out sofa bed and upper bunk over the top of it, in the other area. I have never seen it set up any other way on this class of ship. ;)

Archived