Freedom class cabin 9704/9404 corner aft balconies

Hi All,

We just booked the corner aft balcony # 9704 on Freedom for the Aug. 23 sailing out of Port Canavaral. We have searched for pictures taken from one of these balconies that looked out and over the side but have not found pictures of what we are looking for. We had an aft on Mariner more towards the center on deck 7 and we loved it. We know that this cabin has a round window and a door instead of a slider. We have seen some pictures of this cabin but have not seen one that showed the view looking over the side. Is it possible to actually look over the side from this balcony?, it would seem so. Is the view out the back from this cabin a good one or one of those obstructed views? We do know that there is some superstructure visible but does it really affect views such as the sunsets? So far we have been excited to have this cabin and saw Bonnie Voyagers comments that she would jump at a chance for this cabin so we feel we were right to grab it when our TA told us it was available. Would love to see any pictures of the views from past cruisers or anyone else having this cabin between now and August 23. Thanks all!

MJN

Crawfordville, Fla.

Hi All,

We just booked the corner aft balcony # 9704 on Freedom for the Aug. 23 sailing out of Port Canavaral. We have searched for pictures taken from one of these balconies that looked out and over the side but have not found pictures of what we are looking for. We had an aft on Mariner more towards the center on deck 7 and we loved it. We know that this cabin has a round window and a door instead of a slider. We have seen some pictures of this cabin but have not seen one that showed the view looking over the side. Is it possible to actually look over the side from this balcony?, it would seem so. Is the view out the back from this cabin a good one or one of those obstructed views? We do know that there is some superstructure visible but does it really affect views such as the sunsets? So far we have been excited to have this cabin and saw Bonnie Voyagers comments that she would jump at a chance for this cabin so we feel we were right to grab it when our TA told us it was available. Would love to see any pictures of the views from past cruisers or anyone else having this cabin between now and August 23. Thanks all!

MJN

Crawfordville, Fla.

Hi there - we had cabin 9404 on Liberty. Attached is a link to our pics of that cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/563160874lZgENQ

Hope this helps.:)

Cl-JW

Thanks for your pictures, they do help. Just a question or two, could you see over the side from that cabin? Were you happy with that cabin? It appears that you got some good pics of the views looking out the back so the superstructre did not interfere with your view. So far most of the comments of that cabin have been good ones so I believe we will be happy but just curious what you thought of it. Thanks for sending your pictures. Appreciate it.

MJN

Cl-JW

Thanks for your pictures, they do help. Just a question or two, could you see over the side from that cabin? Were you happy with that cabin? It appears that you got some good pics of the views looking out the back so the superstructre did not interfere with your view. So far most of the comments of that cabin have been good ones so I believe we will be happy but just curious what you thought of it. Thanks for sending your pictures. Appreciate it.

MJN

You could see over the side, but no easily. You have to lean over a bit because of the curvature of the hull.

We enjoyed the cabin (especially the giant porthole window). Two things to be aware of: occassionally the deck gets sooty; and the door can be a bit heavy to open.

Looking at the pictures of the back of the ship that is what I figured about the view. Also had already seen postings of the possible soot and heavy door from other posters. Glad to hear you liked the room and the big round window. Kind of like sitting in a giant porthole from one picture we saw. We are so looking forward to it. Thanks for your info!

MJN

Looking at the pictures of the back of the ship that is what I figured about the view. Also had already seen postings of the possible soot and heavy door from other posters. Glad to hear you liked the room and the big round window. Kind of like sitting in a giant porthole from one picture we saw. We are so looking forward to it. Thanks for your info!

MJN

No problem - enjoy your cruise!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

CL-JW,

Thanks for the pics. I also have booked 9704 on LOS for later this year, however 9706 (next to 9704) is also available.

Would you consider 9706 over 9704? The room and balcony for 9706 look a little bigger in pictures and you get the "standard" E room with the sliding door. Just curious if you could tell the advantages/disadvantages of 9706/9406 over the corner afts on Deck 9?

Thanks!

Joe

Did you find that the aft balconies were not very breezy? Someone mentioned once a long time ago that they were pretty sheltered from the breeze, but I didn't know whether that was the weather on that cruise.

Did you find that the aft balconies were not very breezy? Someone mentioned once a long time ago that they were pretty sheltered from the breeze, but I didn't know whether that was the weather on that cruise.

Yes they are. We had 6712 on Indy and could play cards on our balcony during a sea day when it was so windy on the pool deck half the chairs were empty.

We Just got off of the Freedom :( We sailed in cabin 9704 from 5/10 to 5/17. I loved the cabin, my wife didn't at first but it grew on her over the week. The balcony was great! We did not notice much soot at all and we got a nice breeze being in the corner. It did not seem like 9706 got as much of a breeze but the balcony was definitely bigger. You could look over the side without much difficulty but you didn't look straight down to the water. We loved it! Would not hesitate to book it again, however we would try to get the corner balconies on deck 10 if we could. I will try to have pics up within a couple days.

CL-JW,

Thanks for the pics. I also have booked 9704 on LOS for later this year, however 9706 (next to 9704) is also available.

Would you consider 9706 over 9704? The room and balcony for 9706 look a little bigger in pictures and you get the "standard" E room with the sliding door. Just curious if you could tell the advantages/disadvantages of 9706/9406 over the corner afts on Deck 9?

Thanks!

Joe

All things considered, we'd seriously think about 9706 if for no other reason that having the sliding door.

Archived