Athens restaurant recommendation 11th Aug 2009

FirstClassDiva

We will be in Athens on Aug 14 & 15. I thought that I read that Aug 15 was a Holiday in Athens, but I don't remember anything else from the article. It is a Saturday and I wonder about restaurants and attractions being closed. We are staying at the Hilton with two teen age boys that love greek food, but like to eat fairly early in the eve...6 or 7...I am thinking of the Plaka for a lovely, festive dinner for our last night in Athens. Thanks for any help...

• 1 month later...

We will be in Athens in October.

Fafos, can you recommend a nice seafood or local Greek restaurant near the Marriott hotel, if such an animal exists. We will be arriving around 6 pm and would like to eat dinner near the Marriott.

Thanks

We will be in Athens in October.

Fafos, can you recommend a nice seafood or local Greek restaurant near the Marriott hotel, if such an animal exists. We will be arriving around 6 pm and would like to eat dinner near the Marriott.

Thanks

You are close to Plaka and Psyri area, you can find many restaurants in there.. if you want something special (and a bit expensive) visit Milos: http://www.milos.ca/en/athens/

for all these destinations you must use a car or a taxi.. Syngrou street don't has something special for food..

Is there anything that's perhaps under 25-30/pp that still has good food? Also, I don't eat veggies or seafood. Mostly meat and carbs. Please tell me I won't starve! lol. :)

"Mpairaktaris" near Monastiraki metro station...

Is there anything that's perhaps under 25-30/pp that still has good food? Also, I don't eat veggies or seafood. Mostly meat and carbs. Please tell me I won't starve! lol. :)

See my posts (#22 and 24) above. I am allergic to fish, so I always need a meat restaurant!

"Mpairaktaris" near Monastiraki metro station...

Kalimera!

Yes, I 2nd this restaurant..

we ate their several times on our land vacation when we stayed in Athens for 1 week, it was right down the street from our hotel...The Hotel Plaka..

They had VERY good pastitsio

There was another restaurant on that same street we liked heading from this restaurant TO THE Hotel Plaka on the left hand side with yellow table cloths...excellent.

Make sure your try lemon potatoes!!!!!

Archived