Fat Americans Breaking QM2 Seats?

ParrotHeadFL

One assumes a more "toned" version... rather than the pot bellied, skinny legged, fat headed, crypto racist, middle class yob, etc as depicted on TV.

I predict, that this cruise will have an incredibly diverse passenger list and every single one will have a tale or two...

Already got a few from this board, and that's before I'm aboard (grin)

Bring it on!

Jack

PS... My insurance company wanted to charge me extra because I was rated as "obese".

5' 8" 12 stone... seems I'm the wrong shape! Skinny legs, big belly. Modesty restrains me from describing the length and width of further anatomy.

Note: [travel-to-go] It's my head NOT my heart!

Jack,

Which one?

(Head that is!)

Well, you've all made me LOL! And it's going to be terrible if we all try to get through the doors at once. So we'll have to time things. And of course, we'll be assigned shifts to port or starboard. Lord knows, if we all went to one side at the same time, we might see the keel pointing to the sky! <LOL>

I can tell, this is going to be one hell of a fun trip! What a marvelous group of people, before I ever get on board!

P.S. Don't let those skinny minnies get between us! They'll be crushed!

A friend of mine looks like an olive on two toothpicks. She's all belly and kind of barrel chested with the scrawniest legs you've ever seen! I often wonder what holds her up! BTW, She fell in love with a Maitre d' on one of her many cruises! So I know all sorts of tricks about how to sneak around forbidden (to passengers) spots on the ship! She's married to him now!

If people are fat than people are fat... why are we not allowed to comment on it?... Is there something wrong with being fat? Does it make someone a second-class citizen?

Michael

New York

Unfortunately, in this political correct world, (some) people are quick to scream that they have been offended.........our country is quickly becoming "The United States of the Offended".

Unfortunately, in this political correct world, (some) people are quick to scream that they have been offended.........our country is quickly becoming "The United States of the Offended".

Hey! Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to be offended by my weight! Heck! I'm offended by it! Not much I can do baout it, or someone taking offense, so I just go on about my life as best I can. I try to eat reasonably, exercise when I can, (I start out every cruise taking the stairs when possible, until my feet and knees scream out "NO MORE!" Then I will start back as I am able. I am better going up than down. I tend to pitch forward aor catch a heel and fall) and have myself a good pity party once in a while. I indulge myself once in a while, feel guilty about things I shouldn't feel guilty about, no matter what I say in a forum, and try to stay away from people who are offended by me. It makes them miserable, and it doesn't exactly stroke my ego, either. I guess folks have a right to their opinions, I will try, when possible, to disabuse them gently of those notions, if I feel there is something they are not taking into consideration. Lord knows, people have, on occasion pointed out the error of my ways. And when my pride got over it, I have learned from it, and been the better person for it. Life is all about growing and changing, hopefully for the better as we get older and wiser. When you are two years old, it's all about me, me, me. You do not know how to have a social conscience. Hopefullly as we experience things from other perspectives, we learn.

So please, if looking at me is offensive to anyone going on the 3 January QM2, let me know, and I will try to stay out of your vision. I usually try to sit by the window in airplanes and squish myself as far as I can against the wall, so as to not infringe on others' space. It would tick me off if I had someone's fat thigh on my leg, no matter how much I loved them! I will try to make myself scarce if I offend you. Hopefuly, I won't find you offensive too! If I do, I'll move. BUt someone who is going to judge me on that and only that? As if it were the sum and total of my existance? Well, your loss. Because I have a lot more to offer than that! You'll never know.

Case Closed. (And if I EVER broke someone else's chair- commercial or otherwise, shoddy and on its last leg or not, I would quietly offer to pay and be extremely apologetic!)

Karie

You'll know me when you meet me! In fact, ou can't miss me! <G>

Sorry, I got the threads mixed up and thought I was posting in "Around the Horn" on the QM2 Jan 15, 06

Ah, no matter - it was very funny. Have a good time!

Cheers.

Tim

PS I'm not going to post any more comments on this thread because, speaking as a person of the skinny persuasion, it's becoming slightly scary!:eek:

P.S. Don't let those skinny minnies get between us! They'll be crushed!

Archived