I need help!!!

stbmom

Okay, I am at that very crucial time. You know, just days before the cruise. I keep lurking on the message board. I can't concentrate on my work.

Someone - HELP ME!! I had no idea how much cruise withdrawal I had (I haven't graced a ship in almost 2 years!!). Now the build up. So, my cruise experts - how do I get through the dredded wait time?

Unfortunately, your's is an affliction that is common among cruising fanatics. There is no cure, but is that really a bad thing? The anticipation, planning all the details, picking out excursions, talking with folks on the roll-call board, getting your docs, and packing, all leads up to arriving at the pier and seeing that magnificient floating resort that you'll call home while it takes you to exotic destinations.

Nope, I don't want a cure. Just let me have more cruises, and I'll gladly "suffer" through all of that over and over and over again.

Ron

4_6_109v.gif

Look at it this way...think of how fast the time will go what with all the holidays approaching...you are not only planning cruising but planning Holidays too!

It's that drag time between January2-April break that gets me every time!

OMG I am leaving for Miami in 10 days and I have forgotten to do a couple of things at work in the last week or so, I have so much holiday and cruise on the brain! Luckily it was nothing critical but it's so hard to keep one's mind on work at this time of year and in the run up to a cruise!!

How do you get through it? Just like the rest of us! :D Keep busy with anything cruise related! Play those Caribbean tunes, pack, read the boards, check and recheck your lists and let the anticipation build! Before you know it, you're there!

10) Take out your passport and make sure that it is still valid. Repeat again and again just to "make sure"...

9) Re-Learn all the words to "Everything is Gonna Be Alright" so that you don't have to "worry 'bout a thing..."

8) Read EVERY word about every excursion offered...including the ones for ports you are not going to...

7) Check NOAA.org 10 times a day...just because hurricane season is over you never know....

6) RUN to the mailbox 3 times a day hopeing for that beautiful whote 11 x 7 envelope....then doing the doc dance in the middle of your driveway. (Bonus points if there is already snow on the ground.)

5) Women - Get a wax job (the full one - including the bikini). Men - Buy new underware, and laugh about how much the women complain about the full wax job...

4) Practice saying "I'll have the lobster AND the Filet"

3) Worry more about how to decerate your door than how to decorate your house...

2) Work the term "When I am on my cruise" into every conversation you can....Example: "Well, I would love to come to your New Year's party, but that will be when I am on my cruise"...or even better, "I should only by the 1/2 gallon of milk, because the expiration date of the gallon jug is for when I will be on my cruise".

And the number one thing to do when you are less than a month away:

1) Read every entry on every board that is even remotely relevant to your cruise. For me that inclueds RCI board, Family cruising, each port board, disabled cruisers (for my mother), foodies, and others....

stb, I'm on the same sailing and I'm doing the exact same thing. The work is piled up on my desk and I'm leaving Friday:eek: and here I sit on the damn internet reading cruisecritic because I can't concentrate anyway!! It's insane - I think they should let me leave now!!

only 26 days or so before we sail and i am already blowing off work, there just isn't time to do it. way i figure they get there salt out of me all year, they just have to understand "we're talking cruise here."

omigosh, i think i just hit 25 days!! see how quickly time flies when you do constructive things!!!!!!

Cruisinfanatic, I agree 100% -- it is far worse when you get home. All the planning and anticipation is the fun for me. The letdown when I get back is just unbearable and the only cure is to start planning and researching the next trip -- works every time!!

The day I got home (which was 21st November) I dumped my case upstairs (I only properlly unpacked and put my suitcase away TODAY) came downstairs, checked my email and promptly started searching for a cuise next year!!!

Now me, my mum and my best mate are going on the Mariner again end of october :)

Gem

Archived