Final Payment due Yesterday, Can't get through will I face a penalty?

brt49

My old PVP left the company (or got promoted) So I just called the 1-800 number and booked my cruise. So I have no contact to call.

if your old PVP was Sam Welsh he is back with the company...I had him and was very dissapointed when i went to book my upcoming cruise and was told he no longer works with the company and then last Thursday he actually called me to inform me that he is back with the company...

Well Everyone, I took the advice of my fellow CC members and sent an email to contact me. Well it worked!!! Not more than 5 minutes and they called me back!!! I am now paid up!!! Can't wait till Freedom Eastern Caribbean 07/18/09!!! Cat 11, Empress Deck!!!

Great! Glad it worked out.

Bon Voyage!

I'm going to try it right now, hope it works. I will let everyone know the results. Feel free to comment on me waiting "till the last minute" it's entertaining!!

Hahaha...I wait until the last minute too. Seems smarter, just like you said...interest free...:D

Hey That's cruel. In this economy I waited till the last minute, because why should I give my money sooner than later. That money could be working for me to the last minute, I mean Carnival is giving me an interest free loan. Why should I NOT wait till the last day to pay it.

Why should it be a problem? Every time I have called, I have talked to someone in a few seconds.

You should not judge me, I had enough cash to pay the $4500 tab in August when I booked it, but again it is an interest free loan. Anyways it is only the last $500!!!

No need to answer that question......none of their business why you waited until the last minute - I didn't pay final until day before it was due.......tried online and got the same message over and over and over...finally had to contact my PVP and he took it over the phone...but I had his direct line.

My question is "Why did you wait till the last minute"??? How long did you know that you had to pay a final payment for this cruise?? He, who hesitates, is lost!! I guess you thought the cruise line would wait for you.
Nasty much??? The op asked for help how is this answer productive????:mad:

All I am saying is that if you have the money, there is no reason to wait till the last minute to pay and then you want Carnival to give you sympathy. There are deadlines and consequences when you miss deadlines.

Your comments are MEAN! I, for example, am waiting for the last moment because if the price goes down from here til my final payment, I will get the discount. If I pay it all, and there is a sudden drop in price, I will not get it.

But.. you have to be mean to the poster.. not once, but twice! If you dont have anything nice to say, just dont say a word.

Your comments are MEAN! I, for example, am waiting for the last moment because if the price goes down from here til my final payment, I will get the discount. If I pay it all, and there is a sudden drop in price, I will not get it.

It that true, or do you just get the price drop as OBC? I find it hard to believe Carnival would refuse to give the price drop to someone who can still cancel and rebook at the lower price with no penalty. That's more work for them, and some small percentage of those people might choose to book on a different line just to spite them.

To the original poster: shhhhh!!!!! Don't give Carnival any ideas about adding a late payment fee!!!! :(

It that true, or do you just get the price drop as OBC? I find it hard to believe Carnival would refuse to give the price drop to someone who can still cancel and rebook at the lower price with no penalty. That's more work for them, and some small percentage of those people might choose to book on a different line just to spite them.

To the original poster: shhhhh!!!!! Don't give Carnival any ideas about adding a late payment fee!!!! :(

As far as I know.. I have the past guest rate and it is good, but the carnival rep said i could keep checking for any lower rate, she said it could be done til the last payment date...but, if you pay it off now, I dont think they will give any OBC. Maybe I understood wrong? anyone has more info? I just keep calling every week to see if there is a lower rate. until my final date, I will keep hoping for a better price.

As far as I know.. I have the past guest rate and it is good, but the carnival rep said i could keep checking for any lower rate, she said it could be done til the last payment date...but, if you pay it off now, I dont think they will give any OBC. Maybe I understood wrong? anyone has more info? I just keep calling every week to see if there is a lower rate. until my final date, I will keep hoping for a better price.

It is all based on the final payment date. If you pay in full before that date, you would still get an OBC if the price drops. It is only after the final payment date that you no longer are entitled to price reductions or OBC. The only exception is if you book using the Early Saver Program and then you are entitled to price reductions up to 2 days before sailing.

Archived