Carnival Spirit

What can you tell me about the Carnival Spirit? We may be cruising the Spirit to Alaska in 2010. Is there an indoor pool? Is the Soda Card similar to the other lines? What drinks do they have for free, if any? What type of stuff is free that you normally pay for on other lines or only limited on other lines? Do they have a anytime dining option?

We would be booking a balcony cabin, so what's a good location? I know we wouldn't book the obstructed view (7a), but not sure what's a good area on this ship. Does anyone have any pics of the Spirit? I know I'll have more questions, this is just to start.

The price is sooo right for Alaska next year and we aren't line loyal, we would like to try it all. Dh and I are 31 and we have a 15 MO DD. We would be 32/33 at time of sailing and DD will be 2 1/2.

Thanks Everyone!

What can you tell me about the Carnival Spirit? We may be cruising the Spirit to Alaska in 2010. Is there an indoor pool? Is the Soda Card similar to the other lines? What drinks do they have for free, if any? What type of stuff is free that you normally pay for on other lines or only limited on other lines? Do they have a anytime dining option?

We would be booking a balcony cabin, so what's a good location? I know we wouldn't book the obstructed view (7a), but not sure what's a good area on this ship. Does anyone have any pics of the Spirit? I know I'll have more questions, this is just to start.

The price is sooo right for Alaska next year and we aren't line loyal, we would like to try it all. Dh and I are 31 and we have a 15 MO DD. We would be 32/33 at time of sailing and DD will be 2 1/2.

Thanks Everyone!

there should be someone posting some useful info shortly. there is a site that has some great pics and info on the spirit, but it escapes me now...

I too agree with you about the pricing for next year. and being that I live in the seattle area, this is gonna be a huge savings for me.....

Hi!

We haven't cruised on her yet, I know one of the pools on board has a retractable roof, and is heated. Also, it seems the soda cards work similarly to other cruise lines. I've read online that anytime dining will probably be implemented late this year or next year.

It seems that Spirit has engendered a good bit of loyalty among past cruisers. I'm excited about our Alaska cruise coming up in 3 weeks!

-Glenn-

Hi!

We haven't cruised on her yet, I know one of the pools on board has a retractable roof, and is heated. Also, it seems the soda cards work similarly to other cruise lines. I've read online that anytime dining will probably be implemented late this year or next year.

It seems that Spirit has engendered a good bit of loyalty among past cruisers. I'm excited about our Alaska cruise coming up in 3 weeks!

-Glenn-

Please keep me updated when you return on how you enjoy it.

Hi!

-Glenn-

if that roof works as good as the one on the splendor did....it will be a very nice cruise to alaska.....just hope the waters are calm enough to use the pool

I have been on the Spirit once before and she is a great ship. I don't have any pictures of the ship. I am going on the Spirit again in July and I can take some pics and email them to you, if you give me your email.

Thanks Everyone!

We were just on the Spirit last month to Mexico and she's a great ship! One of the main pools has a retractable roof which would probably be closed in Alaska, but was open in Mexico. The pool wasn't heated, but maybe they heat it when in Alaska. Soda cards, drinks, food, etc., are all the same across the fleet, so if you've been on Carnival before, then you know what to expect. I think by the time you cruise, the Spirit will have some any time dining available, but right now it's traditional dining only. The only food that has a cost is the Nouveau Supper Club ($30/pp) and the specialty coffee bar. There are no other restaurants except the usual buffet, grill, pizza, etc. Can't help you with the cabin, but there are pics in my signature of our trip.

Thanks Everyone!

Although we haven't been on the Spirit - we have been on the other 3 Spirit Class Ships. Pool is outdoor - but the roof can close during inclement weather.

A balcony on an Alaskan cruise would be great - see the sights from your own room. We are partial to cabin #7258 - has a fabulous extended length balcony. Check the deck plans there are a hanful of the category 8's with the extra long balcony.

Enjoy!!

I've been on the Spirit 6 times and on 21 CCL cruises. She is my favorite ship of the entire fleet. The crew has been voted friendliest crew every week for an entire year, they were bumped off one week by the Pride.

My favorite choice of cabins are the balconies near the rear of the ship, not the aft balconies, and I would not recommend one for an Alaskan cruise because there is no roof. The extended balconies are found in the indented areas of the ship and that extra width is nice, plus because you are indented, there is less wind, but no view obstruction. If you get on Deck 8, it's a quick hop up one flight of stairs to the Lido deck, so it's easy to grab drinks, food, etc.

I would not worry about the 7A's, I was in one recently and the cabins toward the aft have the obstruction below them. You can see straight out, you just can't see the water below. Cabin 5235 is one with a bowling alley balcony, very long and narrow. Do not get a 7A near the front of the ship as they are truly obstructed.

There is very little free anymore on any cruise line and I cannot think of something free that CCL offers that others don't. I take it back, I have read on these boards that you can get expresso in the dining room after dinner free.

We were just on the Spirit last month to Mexico and she's a great ship! One of the main pools has a retractable roof which would probably be closed in Alaska, but was open in Mexico. The pool wasn't heated, but maybe they heat it when in Alaska. Soda cards, drinks, food, etc., are all the same across the fleet, so if you've been on Carnival before, then you know what to expect. I think by the time you cruise, the Spirit will have some any time dining available, but right now it's traditional dining only. The only food that has a cost is the Nouveau Supper Club ($30/pp) and the specialty coffee bar. There are no other restaurants except the usual buffet, grill, pizza, etc. Can't help you with the cabin, but there are pics in my signature of our trip.

Some great pics! Haven't gone through all of them yet, but I will. I haven't sailed Carnival before, that's why I am asking all these questions. Only been on Princess twice with a Royal Caribbean Cruise in Dec for my cousins wedding.

I've been on the Spirit 6 times and on 21 CCL cruises. She is my favorite ship of the entire fleet. The crew has been voted friendliest crew every week for an entire year, they were bumped off one week by the Pride.

My favorite choice of cabins are the balconies near the rear of the ship, not the aft balconies, and I would not recommend one for an Alaskan cruise because there is no roof. The extended balconies are found in the indented areas of the ship and that extra width is nice, plus because you are indented, there is less wind, but no view obstruction. If you get on Deck 8, it's a quick hop up one flight of stairs to the Lido deck, so it's easy to grab drinks, food, etc.

I would not worry about the 7A's, I was in one recently and the cabins toward the aft have the obstruction below them. You can see straight out, you just can't see the water below. Cabin 5235 is one with a bowling alley balcony, very long and narrow. Do not get a 7A near the front of the ship as they are truly obstructed.

There is very little free anymore on any cruise line and I cannot think of something free that CCL offers that others don't. I take it back, I have read on these boards that you can get expresso in the dining room after dinner free.

We are big soda drinkers, well at least while on vacation. Is there lemonade or iced tea available. How's the coffee or hot chocolate? DH said he wants a covered balcony, and if we take our DD, an extended balcony might work better for us. I'll take a look at the deck plans. Thanks

We are big soda drinkers, well at least while on vacation. Is there lemonade or iced tea available. How's the coffee or hot chocolate? DH said he wants a covered balcony, and if we take our DD, an extended balcony might work better for us. I'll take a look at the deck plans. Thanks

Coffee is not as good as Seattle's Best, but it's doable. They have the specialty coffee bar and you can buy a coffee card, like on Princess. There is ice tea, but not sure about lemonade as I drink only water, wine and beer!:D I know there are some sort of fruit juices at the dispensers. They do have hot chocolate, but I have not tried it.

We were on the Spirit 3 times so far. Love the ship.

Balcony cabins are really nice (yes, even in Alaska we spend a lot of time on the balcony). Haven't been on the Spirit to Alaska YET, but are looking also.

BIL drank LOTS of lemonade and ice tea ... always could get it at the buffet 24/7.

I believe the Spirit has already implemented anytime dining.

Not yet but it's coming soon. I know it will be there by the time I sail her for Thanksgiving.

BTW doesn't Hesitantcruiser take great photos!

She took a great one of me and DH on the Spirit in April.

Hi Keri!

Hi!

-Glenn-

I agree completely. I also cruised the SPIRIT to Mexico and really enjoyed this ship and its crew. The Spirit-classed ships are my favorites. Pics of the ship in my webshots (below).

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived