United's International Business Class... did you try?

monicajay

Has anybody flown on the new International Business Class seats? I just booked FF seats from Montreal to Sydney for November- returning in December. The seats look really cool on their website. Anybody flown with them?

Of course United says there is no guarantee till 100% of their planes have been converted. Hope we get a new one.

Has anybody flown on the new International Business Class seats? I just booked FF seats from Montreal to Sydney for November- returning in December. The seats look really cool on their website. Anybody flown with them?

Of course United says there is no guarantee till 100% of their planes have been converted. Hope we get a new one.

Are you asking about the new lie-flat seats? Yes, flew them last Feb from LHR-ORD. They are very, very nice. Truly lie-flat, great entertainment system; kept my nine year old quiet and happy for over nine hours. Only complaint would be there is absolutely no storage space for anything; you must keep almost everything in the overhead bin.

I am assuming you are connecting from Air Canada somewhere in the US (LAX?) and changing to UA metal?

They appear to be a definite improvement over the current seat, at least for sleeping (I don't mind the current effort for a medium length, ca. 8hrs dayflight) but the lack of space and privacy does look to be an issue. For my money BA have done it right in business class; a decent amount of storage and privacy.

I'm flying on a newly configured aircraft in a couple of months, albeit in first. I might pop back and try out the business class seat if the cabin is relatively empty.

Are you asking about the new lie-flat seats? Yes, flew them last Feb from LHR-ORD. They are very, very nice. Truly lie-flat, great entertainment system; kept my nine year old quiet and happy for over nine hours. Only complaint would be there is absolutely no storage space for anything; you must keep almost everything in the overhead bin.

I am assuming you are connecting from Air Canada somewhere in the US (LAX?) and changing to UA metal?

Yes, AC to SFO and United metal after that.

I will be happy to put it all in the overhead just to be able to lie flat and sleep.

Great score with only 200,000 aeroplan points for both tickets.

Yes, AC to SFO and United metal after that.

I will be happy to put it all in the overhead just to be able to lie flat and sleep.

Great score with only 200,000 aeroplan points for both tickets.

Yes, that's very good! I think you will be quite pleased with the seats and you certainly can sleep. Would highly recommend you make sure you have decent ear plugs and an eye mask (you will get one in the kit, but I prefer my own), because it seems no matter where I sit, it's next to the people who want to chit chat all night.

Archived