Things you never see on a cruise ship

TheFutureMrs.

When Im on a curise I miss the sound of my neighbors dog barking 23 hours a day I wish they had a pet store on the ship so I would not get so home sick.

Ditto... pet store at sea. And then maybe a dogie day care center for those purchased pets.

* Moving walkways
How about a segway. Even the mall security has these now. I hate walking

Ah yes! A segway would be awesome. Its the true upgrade to the moving walkways. I too hate all the walking--especially when you get to the end of the ship just to realize the place you wanted to go was near your start point. I figure we'd see the moving walkways first. I can just hear the song right now...

Grandma got ran over by a segway... :rolleyes:

Well I didn't spell it out but...

Wal-Mart, Target, Apple Store, Sega Gameworks, Game Stop/EB Games, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, JC Penny, Sears, Fry's Electronics, various fast food restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, Sonic, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, A&W, Krispy Kreme, etc.), Red Lobster, Outback, Joe's Crab Shack... The list goes on and on. I opted to just say "well known chains", as listing one could easily make a whole page list (had to stop myself). :)

I was a little awkward on the wording because I've seen a few chain stores onboard, but nothing important [to me]. :rolleyes:

If I ever see an Outback and Joe's Crab Shack, you will never get me off the ship. :D

How about a pay toilet?

Please don't give cruise lines ideas. At one time they were helpful, now its 'Us versus Them'.

Just for the record, it seems that an Irish airline is going to charge One Pound for the useof a toilet, that's getting the customer each way, first charge for beer going in, and then, yes the exit charge.

Add to this Selfridges, Oxford St. a 'High End' department store in London, is now charging a mere Five Pounds for the same privilage. I hate to ask, but 'Do you think that they will get their pound of flesh?'

john

Please don't give cruise lines ideas. At one time they were helpful, now its 'Us versus Them'.

I know what you mean. I was totally thrown off by an e-mail Expedia sent 05/26/2009 about my flight. I didn't realize that most of the airlines are no longer giving you one freebie checked luggage. That so sounds like its going to make for even more crowded overhead compartments. :mad:

I know what you mean. I was totally thrown off by an e-mail Expedia sent 05/26/2009 about my flight. I didn't realize that most of the airlines are no longer giving you one freebie checked luggage. That so sounds like its going to make for even more crowded overhead compartments. :mad:

Don't bet on it. I heard yesterday that at least one airline is now charging for carry on luggage.

Just in case any airline reps see this, my wife now refuses to fly!

john

Don't bet on it. I heard yesterday that at least one airline is now charging for carry on luggage.

Just in case any airline reps see this, my wife now refuses to fly!

john

Hi all! Did I read right about expedia email for carrying on baggage? If so what airlines are charging? and did they give a fee for this? Next round well all be charged just to drive into the airport! HaHa Thanks Jo

Hi all! Did I read right about expedia email for carrying on baggage?

Sounds like you combined two posts. Expedia sent me an e-mail about checked luggage fees, not carry on luggage fees. I haven't seen anything specific about carry on luggage fees and assume Expedia will let me know if that changes.

For those interested, here is the Expedia page describing the various airline fees. It includes a surprising amount of extra fee information the various airlines charge. Kind of wish I saw that before booking, but luckily it doesn't look like it would have made me change my mind about flying on American Airlines.

Sounds like you combined two posts. Expedia sent me an e-mail about checked luggage fees, not carry on luggage fees. I haven't seen anything specific about carry on luggage fees and assume Expedia will let me know if that changes.

For those interested, here is the Expedia page describing the various airline fees. It includes a surprising amount of extra fee information the various airlines charge. Kind of wish I saw that before booking, but luckily it doesn't look like it would have made me change my mind about flying on American Airlines.

I actually spoke with expedia and I was told alaska airlines are going to be charging for the carry on bag if it is over their weight limit. This may be including alot of airlines soon. This has come from expedia. I will mail my clothes. Cant get enough of our money. Thanks for the reply. This is my feelings on the whole thing:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
NCL has bowling alleys on some of their ships.

I know that some cruise ships have them. I just wish Carnival did because I usually sail on Carnival. I'm going to branch out to other cruise lines eventually.

How about a Credit counselor

You'll find one of those at some point in time. They gotta take vacations too you know! ;)

Now one on the clock... That would be kinda funny.

"Advisement sessions with a credit councilor are available for a nominal fee. Just bill it to your room!"

You'll find one of those at some point in time. They gotta take vacations too you know! ;)

Now one on the clock... That would be kinda funny.

"Advisement sessions with a credit councilor are available for a nominal fee. Just bill it to your room!"

I am a Credit counselor----maybe I should consider.............................

• 3 weeks later...
a water baloon fight

a bike trail

(hopefully not) a wave pool

golf carts

on our last cruise, while we didn't really notice any rolling of the ship...the main pool looked exactly like a wave pool. :eek: The sloshing from one end to the other was very noticable and the shrieks from the people enjoying the ride could be heard all over the pool deck. :D

Something that I have never seen but have often wondered if people do, or are allowed to do, is that I have never seen anyone flying a kite off of the ship. But I have thought that it might be fun to do.

That is a good idea, that would be hilarious. I might try that. I'm going on a cruise next week! I just have to buy a kite :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ah yes! A segway would be awesome. Its the true upgrade to the moving walkways. I too hate all the walking--especially when you get to the end of the ship just to realize the place you wanted to go was near your start point. I figure we'd see the moving walkways first. I can just hear the song right now...

Grandma got ran over by a segway... :rolleyes:

You need to walk to burn off all those extra calories!