The Trolly Tour Bus on Oahu

gracecarmo

The last time (years ago) I was on Oahu there was a Trolly Tour bus that took you to various attractions. You could get on and off all day. Is there still such a Trolly?

Grace

I have seen reference to a trolley service in Oahu in several guide books. However, I thought the price was a bit high. While I don't have the exact amount in front of me, I believe a multi-day pass ran more than $10 per day. This may not be pricey to some, but you'd have to use it every day to make it worthwhile.

I had to come back and edit my post. After doing a Google search, I found the website for the shuttle (https://www.waikikitrolley.com). Currently, they have a 2-for-1 special on the four day passes. Thus, you get two four day passes for $45 (only $5.62/day).

Also: I did notice that the senior citizen fare is only $18.00 per day, now that is a bargain. We are usually tour type people, but this excursion fits us perfectly. I have a nice guide book for Hawaii. The only thing that I am a bit disappointed in is that the trolley does not go to Chinatown.

Does anyone know if Chinatown is too far for a taxi? Last time I was there, I really enjoyed going there (friends took us) and purchasing some items from the stores.

Grace

I'll also admit that I'm not extremely thrilled by the posted time schedule. Personally, I don't think the run late enough, even though another site claimed the trolleys ran until 11P.

Garcecarmo,

Maybe you can take the trolley closer to Chinatown to reduce the taxi costs? Just an option.

Archived