Tour in Naples

Amalfi coast for sure. How much are they charging for the ship tour? I ask because we went on a private tour, 4 couples, Amalfi Coast and Pompeii, for 150 euros per couple including tips--in a small van that could negotiate the winding roads easily, not the huge tour buses that have to skip part of the beautiful coastline because they're too big.

Can not decide which NCL Gem tour to take while in Naples: Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast or Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius. Any suggestions??

Pompeii and Amafli coast, not even a question :D

I would recommend to check what you are traveling in on your tour. I can't imagine doing some portions of the drive from Amafli to Ravello in a big tour bus. As the OP mentioned a private tour in a smaller vehicle will provide a more enjoyable day as the roads are very narrow/tight and there will be many places you might like to stop but on a big bus for 40-60 they won't be able to do that.

Enjoy Naples

137131844_2060_NaplesRavello.jpg.29c04466a8548b4eb721b2825228c338.jpg

818099606_AmalfiCoastItaly.jpg.f7d9c9eeaa5bcd7b73e737b438cf26fd.jpg

Hi Cathycruisers,

Can you please advise me which private tour you took for the Amalfi Coast and Pompei? We are a group of 4 ladies going on the Oosterdam on August 16th and would appreciate any help you can give us with private tours. Many thanks,

Regards,

Sylvia

This is the contact info for Marcello: marcellomaresca@tiscali.it. It was booked by someone in our CC group and we just joined in. Marcello was already booked that day, and had his fun and handsome buddy Marco take our group. We had a wonderful day, and they stopped for lunch in the ancient village of Pontone, way up in the hills. Lunch was incredible, 20 euros/pp, and included all the red and white wine and limoncello you could handle. That's why all of us dozed in the van on the way to Pompeii!

If you could get 4 more people to join you, that would be ideal--the van holds 9 including the driver.

If you'd like to send me an email at cathy at riverrimranch dot com, I can forward you the email we got from Marcello that is fun to read!

Cathy

Cathy .. I just booked with Marcello today for the June 08 Summit visit to Naples. He sounds great and it was even better to find your post after I had booked and was wondering if I had done the right thing!

• 1 month later...
This is the contact info for Marcello: marcellomaresca@tiscali.it. It was booked by someone in our CC group and we just joined in. Marcello was already booked that day, and had his fun and handsome buddy Marco take our group. We had a wonderful day, and they stopped for lunch in the ancient village of Pontone, way up in the hills. Lunch was incredible, 20 euros/pp, and included all the red and white wine and limoncello you could handle. That's why all of us dozed in the van on the way to Pompeii!

If you could get 4 more people to join you, that would be ideal--the van holds 9 including the driver.

If you'd like to send me an email at cathy at riverrimranch dot com, I can forward you the email we got from Marcello that is fun to read!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I have a question regarding the tour you took with Marco, an associate of Marcello Maresca. We also booked a tour of the Amalfi Coast with Marcello, but similar to you, he was already booked and said Marco was available. We are sailing on the Celebrity Equinox on August 31, 2009.

I have already booked the tour with Marcello but would like to be sure that Marco speaks English fluently and is easy to understand. We are really looking forward to seeing the Amalfi Coast.

Thanks for your help.

Harry

We are cruising on the Ruby Oct 7 and are looking at the Amalfi Sorrento ships tour but after reading about private tours think we should check into those. There are four of us, and the price sounds terrific. Princess is charging $149.00 US. per person. Which tour company did you use?

We are cruising on the Ruby Oct 7 and are looking at the Amalfi Sorrento ships tour but after reading about private tours think we should check into those. There are four of us, and the price sounds terrific. Princess is charging $149.00 US. per person. Which tour company did you use?

I used Marcello at Seesorrento.com.

Have you joined the roll call for this cruise? We have a very friendly, lively group that are going on your cruise and lots of suggestions for private tours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=734853&page=289

Just to throw our two cents in: has anyone checked out DriveAmalfi? We used them for a private tour last year and it was terrific. The owner has a number of drivers working for him and they cover Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum and of course, the Amalfi Coast.

Archived