Carnival Response to my Early Saver

wrighka

We have never had a problem but My T/A has always filled out the form. But once the cruise is paid in full no more price drops, credits or obc. So one lesson I learned was do not pay it off till you have to. (leave $100 balance till the last minute) :) Karon

You have to fill out forms now for price drops even when you aren't booked with the easy saver fare?

Bill

i went through this same thing, i started the thread, "carnival isn't standing behind their word" i filled out the form with the carnival website as my located price,they denied me, i went to myTA and she said it was my responsibility to fill out the form, again i filled it out with no response, i visited her again with a bit of an attitude and she filled it out with "vacations to go" as my located price, this time they approved it. don't give up, they have the price protection guarantee, keep after them! good luck

Sadly, this is why TAs are ofter dreaded. How annoying.:(

We have never had a problem but My T/A has always filled out the form. But once the cruise is paid in full no more price drops, credits or obc. :) Karon
If you book Early Saver you can still get price drops in OBC up until 2 days before you sail (whether you pay in full or not). That's the advantage of booking Early Saver!\:D

We have never had a problem but My T/A has always filled out the form. But once the cruise is paid in full no more price drops, credits or obc. So one lesson I learned was do not pay it off till you have to. (leave $100 balance till the last minute) :) Karon

This is really not correct. With all fares other than Early Saver you can get a price drop up until the day before your final payment is due whether you are paid in full or not. The key is the final payment date, not whether you are personally paid in full. With Early saver rates you can get a reduction if you find a price drop any time up until 2 days prior to sailing.

IMO this is going to be a rel problem when you use a TA because every one of these reductions reduces their commission and eventually they are going to say no more, or start charging for filling out the forms claiming that it is a change.

This all seems alot of hassle for $10 per person. I wouldn't bother. $100 per person yes. 10 bucks, no

Several $10 drops add up. I've gotten 4 adjustments and saved over $800 on two cabins since changing my booking from military rate to Early Savers rate.

Archived