Your Time Dining? On the Valor?

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I figured I start with the food questions :p! I just saw on my Carnival Cruise website (in the your scheduled cruises), a option under the 6:15/8:15 dining that says Your Time Dining. It said that you can come any time between 5:45 and 9:30, put your name on a waiting list and then be seated. Has anyone done this and this being described accurately? Do you have to choose that option rather than the early/late dinner?

Thanks in advance!!

YFancyface - Welcome to C.C.! You'll find lots of information on here. You are on the same cruise that we are on. There is a Roll Call for our cruise. I'm going to put a link on here for you so you can also join us. We have a small group right now so it won't be hard to catch up. It looks like you are new to C.C. If you have any questions about C.C., ask. Someone usually will have an answer for you.

8/9/2009 Western

You have the choice of Early, Late, or Open Dining. We are doing the Open Dining. We prefer to go to dinner when we want to. We do miss sitting with the same people every night, though.

Hope you will join us on our Roll Call.

Gail

Lots of info on Anytime Dining.

Carnival rolled the program out last summer on a trial basis. We used it on the Legend.

You go to teh dining room when you want to eat and are seated. Generally if you are a 2 top or a 4 top you are seated almost immediatly, larger tables may have to wait. You have the option of requesting a specific wait team, and you can make a reservation each morning if you want to do that. If you have a party of 5 or more I recommend making a reservation.

The menu is the same as the rest of the dining room and the serivce, IMO was much better than in the regular dining room. (Based on previous dining room experiences.)

If you are going to use anytime dining you have to make the choice before boarding. You cannot change on a daily baisis. It has been rported that if you don't like it you can ask the Maitre 'd to change you to regualr dining, just like you can ask for a different table or different seating with traditional dining.

YFancyface - Welcome to C.C.! You'll find lots of information on here. You are on the same cruise that we are on. There is a Roll Call for our cruise. I'm going to put a link on here for you so you can also join us. We have a small group right now so it won't be hard to catch up. It looks like you are new to C.C. If you have any questions about C.C., ask. Someone usually will have an answer for you.

8/9/2009 Western

You have the choice of Early, Late, or Open Dining. We are doing the Open Dining. We prefer to go to dinner when we want to. We do miss sitting with the same people every night, though.

Hope you will join us on our Roll Call.

Gail

I didn't know open seating was an option for our cruise. Do you know how to change from the early seating confirmation that I already have?

Call Carnival if you booked directly or your TA. I didn't know they were offering it either until I booked our cruise through Carnival. I was very happy to find out it was being offered on our cruise.

Gail

Archived