Do kids need sea pass card when at Adventure Ocean?

Dlynn

We are going on our first family cruise on the Mariner. :) I am trying to decide if I need to buy lanyards. Can I carry my kids sea pass cards or do they need to have them when in Adventure Ocean? What are the sea pass cards used for? My kids will be 10 and 11. Any information would be great. Thanks.

When we were on RCCL this past Feb with our kids which were 5,6,9 at the time they each had a sea pass card. My hubby went to the desk and had the remove all rights from the cards so noone could find them if they lost them and use it to purchase something. My kids loved having it. Plus they never lost them, they do need them to board the ship at ports, and its the key to your room.

Jayme

Don't they need their card if you bought the soda option? :confused:

~lurker

While in camp the kids dont get soda-- not all the kids have the cards. They can get the free-iced tea etc onbaord.

Dylnn: Go to an office supply store and buy them a lanyard they wear on their necks with a plastic card holder- costs should be about 1.25

They do not need them at AO programs. If you allow them to sign themselves out, they may need them to regain access to the cabin.

Good idea to ask to have them not to have any purchasing rights. The $$$ I have seen some young people rack up on video game charges and/or charges at Johnny Rockets and such can be very surprising!

Most of the ship sell a nice Neck Lace to attach a card to and they usually have a quick release (very important) on the back for the kids version. The kids wear the card around the neck on board. On RCCL you can deposit credits for the arcade onto this card. This is pretty much a must do for the 10 and 11 yo group. I usually take the cards when we go ashore for safe keeping.

The card goes into video games. No cash accepted.

Quick release on lanyards (necklaces) - a feature that will break the connection rather than strangle the wearer! Generally a plastic "pop it" connection at the back of the neck of the lanyard. If the cord gets caught it will pop open. Even with just yarn or string without a "quick release" the lanyard poses a strangulation hazard.

Archived