CB 2010 Itineraries- Am I crazy?

sassie8484

I was looking into booking a cruise for next March, and I noticed that Princess has the Caribean Princess running two different itineraries departing March 28th. Is this a mistake, or are they going to cancel whichever one isn't booking up?

I was looking into booking a cruise for next March, and I noticed that Princess has the Caribean Princess running two different itineraries departing March 28th. Is this a mistake, or are they going to cancel whichever one isn't booking up?

Princess very often lists a 7 day and a 14 day; your choice. If I wanted the 14 day, I would book two 7's; B2B. Monitarily, this would work better for me because of Elite perks, and also FCC and shareholder credits

Princess very often lists a 7 day and a 14 day; your choice. If I wanted the 14 day, I would book two 7's; B2B. Monitarily, this would work better for me because of Elite perks, and also FCC and shareholder credits

WOW - good thinking, Pia (as usual)!!

Is the 14 day cruise priced less than booking the b2b 7 day cruises independently?

Sometimes yes; sometimes no. But usually in our case when we add the additional perks, it usually works out better for us to book two separate cruises.

Sometimes yes; sometimes no. But usually in our case when we add the additional perks, it always works out better for us to book two separate cruises.

The only thing Pia is with the stockholder credit on a 14 day cruise, you would get $250 where as on a 7 day sailing, you would only be able to claim $100 for each cruise, so you would be down $50 right from the start.

But booking with an FCC would give you credit for each leg. So, the prices would probably equal out about the same when you add in shipboard credits vs. prices. That is unless they were deeply discounting the 7 day sailings in comparison to the 14 day.

Or am I way off track here?

The only thing Pia is with the stockholder credit on a 14 day cruise, you would get $250 where as on a 7 day sailing, you would only be able to claim $100 for each cruise, so you would be down $50 right from the start.

But booking with an FCC would give you credit for each leg. So, the prices would probably equal out about the same when you add in shipboard credits vs. prices. That is unless they were deeply discounting the 7 day sailings in comparison to the 14 day.

Or am I way off track here?

You also forget that Princess gives me $50 per cruise and we're almost at 40, so that will go up to $75. Then there's the TA credit and goodies which would be per cruise too. Then again, I hardly ever take 7 day cruises. :D

I'll be leaving at weeks end (couldn't resist) for what was booked as a 14 days cruise that is really a b2b. Are you as confused as I am? Actually will be sailing Vancouver-Whittier-Vancouver. At the time I booked this the price along with discounts and added perks for an inside cabin made booking the 14 day a better deal by a couple hundred bucks. However, there were other cabin classifications that made the 7 day b2b a better deal.

Don't know why they offer this, HAL does as well. Anyhow, if you are looking at one of these cruises, do your homework.

Chuck

Archived