Umbrella stroller vs car seat stroller

chapichapo

Hi!

We are traveling on the Gem in August and I have come here for advice often. So, I remembered asking you about another trip, since it is a family related question that might be difficult to answer.

I will be working for a month in Brazil in June, my daughter will be 4 months old. We will be traveling a lot and taking a lot of taxis there.

I am wondering wether I should bring a light umbrella stroller or a bigger one which has the adaptable car seat. The biggest problem with the heavy "car seat stroller" is not really that it is heavy but mostly that it takes so much space and that we won't fit in most taxis when arriving/departing from airports. With all the luggage, plus 2 adults, one child and one baby... the stroller only fits if the car trunck is really big...

But I am a bit scared of traveling without a car seat... what do you think? :confused:

I can't take the umbrella stroller and the car seat because we would have to be carrying the car seat all over the airports and with the bags and 2 children it ends up beeing too complicated I think.

Any advice or ideas?

When I was traveling a lot to NYC with my son, I bought a sit and stroll. It is a car seat/stroller combo. Worked great. It can go forward or backward and is approved for flights. It cost about $200 5 years ago, but it was so worth it. Check it out. It may or not be worth the cost for a month.

Yes, this is the one I have (except it's a bebe confort and costed a lot more) but the question is: since it is so big when folded, unlike the umbrella stroller nothing else fits in the trunck of the car. So, you either have a really big car or you just don't travel with bags, 4 people and the stroller.

I'm afraid that it might be hard to find a taxi to and from hotels to the airport.

I use a Graco Snugrider. It costs only about $50. The car seat fits perfectly on it. It doesn't fold up as small as an umbrella stroller, but it is still smaller than a lot of the other strollers out there. I plan on using it for our upcoming trip to Alaska. It makes navigating the airport so much easier.

I see, but I don't really wish to buy a third stroller. The two I have are in perfect conditions and are quite pretty and confortable for the baby.

The one with the car seat is really difficult to fit in the back of a normal car with a lot of bags. And the other one is just a stroller, so unusefull when driving around.

I think I'll take the one with the car seat and just pray for big taxis at airports... :rolleyes:

Archived