P&O 75th anniversary cards

I recently obtained a box of cards that P&O gave to their customers on specially marked cruises during their 75th anniversary. The cards which show historical adverts of the past are quite interesting but I was wondering if someone could confirm that there were 7 cards in the box as 7 seems to be a strange number to have.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I recently obtained a box of cards that P&O gave to their customers on specially marked cruises during their 75th anniversary. The cards which show historical adverts of the past are quite interesting but I was wondering if someone could confirm that there were 7 cards in the box as 7 seems to be a strange number to have.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

There are 12 cards and envelopes in our box. :):) They are lovely, but I don't know what to do with them. :D

Evon.

Our cruise was on the Pacific Sun. I heard that passengers on the Pacific Dawn got a large china plate, but maybe this wasn't on your cruise. :):)

Evon.

Yes, we did get the plate. I meant to add that to my post. It's really nice and probably better than the cards but I just thought the cards would have been available too (even if at a cost):).

Yes, we did get the plate. I meant to add that to my post. It's really nice and probably better than the cards but I just thought the cards would have been available too (even if at a cost):).

I would rather have had the plate. I'll swap you if you like. :D:D

Evon.

I was told that P&O only offered these cards in limited quantities during their specially marked cruises. That means there won't be that many around!

Also I was told that P&O would be selling reproductions of their archival material onboard their ships at some point this year. Does anyone know if they have started this? There is also supposed to be a website being set up for the sale of these items also at www.vintagemarineart.com. Nothing as yet on the site!

So a matter of waiting and see...

On the cruise where we received the cards that there was one box per cabin. This caused a few arguments where the cabin was occupied by two or four friends, who were then not so friendly when one of them grabbed the box. What you say about a limited number would be correct.

For anyone who hasn't seen the cards, I mention that they are lovely. They measure 21cm x 15cm and are doubled over like a Christmas card. All the cards are different and are reproductions of advertisements from the cruiseline's early days.

Evon.

• 1 month later...

Archived