renting a tux?

I can't seem to find the answer to my question. We're sailing on HA Eurodam, and supposedly on our 10 night cruise there are 3 formal nights. I'd like to rent a tux for DH and have it all set up in our room (room has been booked) when we arrive. The only internet source I can see for this is cruiselineformal.com . Are there other options? Can you do it directly through Holland America? Reason I'm asking is that the selection is limited (well, basically, there's only one tux style available on the cruiseline formalwear site when I narrow it down to my ship and my itinerary). Yes, I can buy one and bring it, but please. His luggage already weighs more than mine on all trips thus far:p

-Any other sites recommended?

-Anyone have a good experience with cruiseline formalwear--was it in your cabin as expected?

THanks for answers in advance!

For HAL, http://www.cruiselineformal.com is the one that delivers to the cabin, and HAL has no formal rental shop aboard. The HAL website refers you to that site ONLY:

from HERE (scroll all the way down to where online is underlined) -

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Cruise+Preparation&contentMenu=Baggage,+Packing+%26+Dress+Code&contentSubMenu=Clothing+%26+Dress+Code

To here - http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/packages.php?c=hal

I find their website to be full of glitches, so I'd CALL their number - 1.800.551.5091 - and confirm whether the traditional tux is the only one available on your route.

I rent a white dinner jacket package for the man in my life, and as far as I'm concerned rental is the way to go!

OMG -- is there really a mainstream cruise line that REQUIRES a tux? Even on the most formal luxury cruise lines, dark suits with ties are just fine. Don't even bother to go through the expense (unless there is some reason that it would be meaningful to you). JMO

OMG -- is there really a mainstream cruise line that REQUIRES a tux? Even on the most formal luxury cruise lines, dark suits with ties are just fine. Don't even bother to go through the expense (unless there is some reason that it would be meaningful to you). JMO

No, HAL doesn't require a tux - but many people *enjoy* wearing one on formal nights. A dark suit with tie is common on HAL.

Travelcat2, people who love to dress up on cruise ships aren't fossils - just like people who hate to dress up on cruise ships aren't slobs.

I realize people who cruise 6* often regard everything else as "mainstream", but HAL is actually considered premium.

So by speaking your mind you came off as kinda offensive two different ways....which I'm sure you didn't mean. I'm also owned by cats, so I know all about unintended snubs :D

LOL, didn't mean to start an etiquette debate!:eek: Actually I'd like to think we're not fossils, either, since we're in our mid 30's. I'd just like to see DH in a tux since it's been 11 years since our wedding and that was the last time I did.:o And frankly I LOVE the idea of a tux waiting in my room, along with shoes that I don't have to pack, either! Sounds glorious to me! Then there is more room for MY clothing in the suitcases, eh?;)

Either way--suit/tux, etc.-- I'm sure everyone will look fabulous.:D

Oh, BTW thanks for the info--I'll be calling cruiseline formalwear. It could be that the website isn't updated--

Archived