~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Dana, I like that thought, you can never be older than your grandfather. You guys are about the same age as my daughter...Boy, that makes me feel old espically since Kathi and I have a BD before we go.

I got all the clothes out and one pair of jean I had just bought had a broken zipper so do I try and go back to the store or just say I have enough. Still don't know how I am getting it all in the suitcase and when I look at it, I don't know if I have warm enough clothes.

Just a suggestion, but we got space bags for our under garments and light shirts. You place everything in the bags roll out the air until flat and it leaves you plenty of room for other things. It sounds wierd but it really works and the clothes come out with very few winkles. We used it on our Europe cruise and it worked great.

I have some of those too Stillmysty! We have the big vacuum kind for the house, and they worked great! So I thought I would try them for the cruise, the roll kind, not the vacuum kind :)

I found smaller ones at Big Lots for $1, & thought for that price, we'll see. I am getting everything ready for the cruise, and they are smaller than I anticipated... well at least they will hold my undergarments - lol

I have some of those too Stillmysty! We have the big vacuum kind for the house, and they worked great! So I thought I would try them for the cruise, the roll kind, not the vacuum kind :)

I found smaller ones at Big Lots for $1, & thought for that price, we'll see. I am getting everything ready for the cruise, and they are smaller than I anticipated... well at least they will hold my undergarments - lol

JC Penney's has a variety pack, sm, med & lg for around $8-10. Just keep pushing all the air out and they work like the home ones

The rolling garment bag is packed. Almost all the clothes went in there but not the whatnots, White Elephants and not clothes items. Still need to get one pair of shoes for general walking, wearing the hiking ones, weight more and take up more room. Elmer says he is packing light so all of theat has to go in his suitcase. Lucky it is a large one!

Oh I oput the space bags in the outside pocket so if I am over weight, I can grab them and put them in another bag.

The rolling garment bag is packed. Almost all the clothes went in there but not the whatnots, White Elephants and not clothes items. Still need to get one pair of shoes for general walking, wearing the hiking ones, weight more and take up more room. Elmer says he is packing light so all of theat has to go in his suitcase. Lucky it is a large one!

Oh I oput the space bags in the outside pocket so if I am over weight, I can grab them and put them in another bag.

Sounds like everyone is almost ready.

Can we go this week, we are sooooooooooooo ready? :o:o:o

:rolleyes: Two weeks from today, I will have had a very long day and I will be sitting at the Old Spegetti House enjoying my first dinner in Seattle. :D I will have already visited Pike Place Market and had some Beecher Mac & cheese Snack, a harbor tour, walked through Olympic Park (:pmy exercise for the day) and really looking forward to visiting the Hot Tub at the hotel before calling it a night............... Sounds wonderful! :rolleyes: Please don't wake me up! (PS in my dream I can't spell any better than I can when I am awake!):(

All of you are planning on doing reviews right? You have all of us waiting for you to go and have fun, so we can have ours.:)

Is anyone in your group going to report back to us while on the cruise?

Remember, many of us have never been to Seattle, on the Spirit, or to Alaska, so we need details!!!!!:)

All of you are planning on doing reviews right? You have all of us waiting for you to go and have fun, so we can have ours.:)

Is anyone in your group going to report back to us while on the cruise?

Remember, many of us have never been to Seattle, on the Spirit, or to Alaska, so we need details!!!!!:)

We will post a review and lots of pics when we return. There are at least two photographers in the group that I am aware of. My son in law has at least three cameras with him.

I just finished my door banner, pic in the group folder area! Those banners they threw out at work were perfect.....

We decided to go here for dinner http://www.claimjumper.com/ in Seattle

and Im a professional photographer so expect at least 10,000 pics from the trip from me :D

You were the second one I was talking about (that I know about, could be more!) ....Jen, did you buy more cards for the camera?

We are taking the laptop so we can unload the camera cards to.

The food looks great, but we are not renting a car so may be hard to get to.

Annette & anyone going sight seeing in Seattle before the cruise please make sure to bring those photos to the meet and greet, so I can see all the things that I "must" do in Seattle after the cruise! pretty please :)

I'm ready!!! I will be on the plane in 2 weeks!!! Just 14 short days!!!

Annette & anyone going sight seeing in Seattle before the cruise please make sure to bring those photos to the meet and greet, so I can see all the things that I "must" do in Seattle after the cruise! pretty please :)

I'm ready!!! I will be on the plane in 2 weeks!!! Just 14 short days!!!

GREAT IDEA DANA, I hadn't thought of that. I will try to get them all on the laptop I am bringing - it is small (Dell Mini - not bringing full size) but bigger than the camera for viewing. It also has slots for camera cards. I did break down and buy the DVD reader/player for it.

I might buy Photoshop Elements for it so I can store the photos in a layout. I have Photoshop on my home PC, as well as several other ones but nothing on the mini.

Wow, I guess I am down to 12 days! 5 days until single digits!

Well I got the luggage out of the shed today and now trying to decide what outfits to bring. My boss still has me on the schedule for 5 of the days I will be gone. Guess she will figure it out finally when I dont show up lol :D

Yea, my boss keeps asking who gave 10 days off since that is against policy and I keep reminding her that it was her! But, the work I will have to do before leaving will probably mean I will be keeping long hours before we leave. But, it all worth it............to be cruising to ALASKA!

OMG 10 days of work left!!!! Can't wait.

Went over alot of details with one set of our travelling companions yesterday. DBIL and DSIL are first time cruisers as well so we wanted to make sure we told them everything.

Still didn't do much in the way of packing this weekend but not too worried still have 13 sleeps till we leave.

I did however, print off maps of things we wanted to do in Seattle and all appear pretty close to the hotel.

Can we go now???

You are doing so good Kim! What's on your "must do" list in Seattle?

I have never been farther west than Texas in the US, so I don't know much about Seattle, except what I see on Grey's Anatomy.

I'm thinking about:

Dinner or Lunch at the Space Needle

A cup of coffee at a coffee shop

A day trip to Forks to see the beach that Twilight was filmed on.

What's on everyone's must do Seattle lists?

Jenn, I checked out the website for the claimjumper restaurant, but why are you thinking about this particular restaurant?

We have about a day and a 1/2 in Seattle so we want to do the

"Duck" tour,

Bill Speidels Underground Tour

and a Ghost Tour, not sure what the name of it is.

We aren't Starbucks fans, we are Timmy's (Tim Horton's) drinkers but the few we have found in the States don't have the same blend as they do in Canada so we might have to suck it up and have some Starbucks:D

We have about a day and a 1/2 in Seattle so we want to do the

"Duck" tour,

Bill Speidels Underground Tour

and a Ghost Tour, not sure what the name of it is.

We aren't Starbucks fans, we are Timmy's (Tim Horton's) drinkers but the few we have found in the States don't have the same blend as they do in Canada so we might have to suck it up and have some Starbucks:D

I visited a Tim Hortons but didn't try their coffee, but it is probably like all franchizes - they are never the same. Some of the Starbucks don't taste the same in the same city. :D A whopper in Spain did not taste like one in the states; difference in county supplies and requirements. Noticed the same with McDonald's.

My big Pet Peeve is using the coffee pot to make Tea and getting the coffee flavor out. I like both coffee and tea but not together! :mad:

I actually have quite a few American friends that I send Timmys coffee to or take it to them when we are seeing them because when they where here they became addicted to Timmys....we always joke there is something in it cause there can be 2 coffee shops side by side and people will line up 10 15 mins for Timmys and no one is in the other store...lol

My preferrence is tea but I don't like it from restaurants and never when I am in the States. I only like Tetley tea and I have yet to find any in the US, when I go to disney I take my kettle and my own tea... A bit of a tea snob. I think that is the British in me;)

Archived