~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

My plans for October were to take a cruise on the Fascination [we're going to see her son in Jacksonville]. But I've decided to turn Diana into a Parrothead. We're off to a Jimmy Buffet concert, instead. It'll be my 3rd...her first.

Happy Birthday Dear Kathi & Annette!!!

(No singing from me, you would have wished I didn't)

:D

Thanks Dana! Are you in vacation mode or do you have one more day of work? It must be hard to concentrate....you guys must be so excited. I hope everyone has a great time and I want to hear all the details upon your return!! :D

I am in vacation mode, but I have 1 & 1/2 day of work left. (I gave my employees the option to have our 4 hours on Saturday off, but I have 1 that still wants to work. So now I have to go in to manage a team of 1 - grrr)

I am starting my packing tonight! I am also going back through the boards to remember everything & I came across a tips section & remembered how helpful some of the tips were for my 1st cruise...

I was wondering what tips everyone considered "must use" for this trip?

Thanks Dana, Well went out and bought another suitcase, now have to hide the rolling garment bag so my mom thinks I took it (gift from mom)! Now to move everything once again and hope they fit inthe regular new suitcase! Daughter suggests I take it to her house!

I still have a day and a half to work!

Yaa more birthdays....happy birthday Eva and Kathi!!!!!

My vacation officially starts at 4:30 PM tomorrow...however we don't leave till Sat but that is OK...I always countdown to when I get to walk out the door at work :D

So super excited to meet you all.

Well I have enjoyed reading all of your posts and hope you all have a GREAT CRUISE:D I will be on the Spirit the day you step off, May 18th. So enjoy and thanks for all of your tips. Hope I wasnt spying on your roll call. :cool:

Well I have enjoyed reading all of your posts and hope you all have a GREAT CRUISE:D I will be on the Spirit the day you step off, May 18th. So enjoy and thanks for all of your tips. Hope I wasnt spying on your roll call. :cool:

No problem, We are all here for each other! :D

I Xerox a smaller version of the luggage tags. Tape them [with mailing tape] to my checked baggage. So--if the supplied CCL tags are destroyed--there is still a tag on the suitcase.

Great idea!!!

I always laminate mine, and staple them and wrap tape around the staples so no one catches any skin on them.

25 hours and 12 mins till I am on vacation:D

Wow, Kim counting the minutes!

Waiting on everyone to leave work so I can print our name tags and copy some things with the color laser :p

My MIL & FIL are in Seattle! They already went to Pike's Market place & the original Starbucks. I am so jealous! The photos I saw have Blue skies, and puffy clouds. They had gloves on, but no hats, so it wasn't freezing cold. She said the weather was in the 50's, & yesterday they had snow/hail rain and sunshine in Seattle. So, I guess the best advice, prepare for everything. Oh man it's going to be hard to meet that weight limit with one bag.
if you were leaving today, you would be thrilled with our weather...its not hot, but its beautiful outside.....hopefully it stays that way for you. I can drive a mile or so down the road and get a full view of seattle...I may do that on the 11th to get a glimpse of the ship....

We will be the ones waving with a drink in the other hand!

Name tags done so going home to pack some more! Can't print boarding passes until tomorrow. Like the mini luggage tags so I may bring my luggage tags and copy tomorrow.

Only a day and a half left for me too! Working second shift tomorrow, then leaving on Sunday.

I just wish I could concentrate on the cruise. Closing on my house is tomorrow and I've been informed by the mortgage company that for some reason they are auditing our file and they haven't finished it yet. They have no idea if it will be done in time for the closing. I'm so stressed, and then once closing is over, the packing must start!!!

Royd, I am so excited about the weather! I don't mind rain, but I would really like clear skies for the trip! I want to see FAR into the distance.

IndpdntChik342 - I sure hope they can get that done quickly for you so you can get to vacation mode.

Oh my goodness - I didn't hear anyone complaining while packing... I'm exhausted... I have been preparing for packing all day, now that I'm almost done... I had to take a break.

Archived