Covered Balconies?

Sorry, seems silly but we are new to RCCL, we usually cruise with Princess but have decided to try RCCL. On Princess, there are many balcony rooms/Mini Suites that have uncovered balconies, are all of the balconies on RCCL (specifically the Mariner) covered? And if not, which ones are? We enjoy sitting out in our PJ's for morning coffee and late at night:D no one should be subjected to me and my Eeyore jammies!:eek:

Good Morning:

I too sit out in the morning to have coffee and at night before we go to bed. There is privacy to a point. If someone next door where to go to the edge of their balcony, they could look at your balcony. This has happened to me a few times when someone next to me notices their balcony is smaller than mine and then asks what kind of room I have. My point is, if they are leaning into my space, I really don't care what they think of how I look first thing in the morning!!

Enjoy your coffee on the balcony - it is the only way to wake up!!!!!

I know what you mean by uncovered balonies since I been on Princess myself. The balconies are all covered on the sides of the ship , but some of the aft cabins have open balconies.

All balconies are covered by the deck above you. There is no "complete" privacy on your balcony, but there is the illusion of privacy. Someone can "peek" around the divider or lean over the railing and see down, but that's unusual for the most part.

CruiseQueenie, thanks for the laugh! Thank you very much for your responses! I'll be calling my TA today to get some pricing on different sailings. We're VERY excited to try RCCL! Its always so hard to choose a room when you know nothing about them! Someone else posted an E1 or D1 room would be good for us. What does everyone think of deck 6? We though it would be pretty neat having he Royal Promenade just around the corner, but does it get very noisy? We're looking at midship rooms. Thanks!

CruiseQueenie, thanks for the laugh! Thank you very much for your responses! I'll be calling my TA today to get some pricing on different sailings. We're VERY excited to try RCCL! Its always so hard to choose a room when you know nothing about them! Someone else posted an E1 or D1 room would be good for us. What does everyone think of deck 6? We though it would be pretty neat having he Royal Promenade just around the corner, but does it get very noisy? We're looking at midship rooms. Thanks!

Sorry - I can't help you with Deck 6, the only thing I can say is we always do the highest deck which is right under the pool area/windjammer and we hear very little noise. The reason we like the upper decks is so I am closer to the solarium!!!

Enjoy whichever room/floor you pick.

We LOVE being on Deck 6 because of the convenience to the Promenade! No noise issues at all.

If you are choosing a balcony cabin on Voyager, Adventure or Explorer, then I wouldn't recommend deck 6. On these ships only, the balconies are made of steel, and on decks 7 thru 10, the steel part doesn't come up as high as on deck 6, and it's topped with glass, so you have a better view while seated.

Archived