What is the best way to upgrade?

CRUISING71

We are currently book on the balcony for August 30th on the Splendor. I noticed there are a few suite open on the same deck. What is the best way to upgrade? Call Carnival now or wait until the we get on board? Or wait until 30 days before we sail? What is the best option?

Thanks,

Tibbie

You can call whomever you booked with and have them put a note on your booking, that you would like a upsell call. Im assuming you are not talking free upgrade, but one you are willing to pay for?

If you are in a assigned cabin now, chances of them upgrading you otherwise are pretty slim. My PVP says any time from final payment on, they might start upsell calls, but from posts here, most are in the last 1 to 3 weeks. You can also try and negotiate if they call you from the upsell dept. You cant call them, they have to call you.

Well...it would be nice if they upgrade for free. Just kidding..yes I am willing to pay the difference for the upgrade.

If I put in a request for an upgrade and I didn't get any call...I can't call them either?

You can call and ask about upgrading to the suite but they will quote you the standard web price. So if your room is booked at $600 and the suite is showing $1,000, you won't get it any cheaper then $1,000 ($400 pp more above your already paid price), just like anyone else. The only way to get a discounted upgrade/upsell is if they call you.

Archived