Some may think I'm nuts, but still want help

UME6869

I will be on the Victory on the 17th sailing. My question is about the tv's in the rooms. I'm a big survivor fan( tv show for a few who may not have heard of it) and the season finale is on the 17th on CBS at 8:00pm est. Also the show 24 will be ending on the 18th on Fox at 8:00pm est .Does anyone know if the ship has these channels and at what time it would be on if they do? I know, we are on vacation, why watch tv? Every year we go on a cruise at the same time of year and always miss the season finale shows and we are lost when they return, so I would like to see them if we can.

I don't know if you will be able to see them on your ship. If you're like us, you'll lose track of what day it is and miss it anyway. Don't you have a DVR that you can set to record it? or maybe know someone to record it for you? If not, you can always watch it on your computer on CBS.com. You might want to check it out anyway. They have some neat behind the scenes clips of the Ponderosa.

Sewut

I don't believe the ship carries FOX network (for 24).....someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

But they do have CBS and you can watch Survivor (I've done it, thank God I broke down and got a DVR!!).

But they are Denver stations, so it will show on Denver time.

Can't you get someone to tape them and watch it later. Chances are you will still not find the time to watch it even if you knew when it was coming on.

You beat me to it with your reply.

JimmyJames

I have usually been able to get quite a few stations in the cabin to watch while we are being lazy until this last cruise on the Destiny. For some reason we could only get 3 different channels in the room beside the Carnival shows and no movies.

I don't believe the ship carries FOX network (for 24).....someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

But they do have CBS and you can watch Survivor (I've done it, thank God I broke down and got a DVR!!).

But they are Denver stations, so it will show on Denver time.

The ships do carry FOX...I was able to catch the end of American Idol's results show on the Freedom a few weeks ago.

I'll be on the Glory whan it airs but I have my DVR set so I won't miss a thing. If I can't sit and watch when it originally airs on Sunday from start to finish including reunion show, I'll avoid it all together and watch it when I get back just like the day it aired :D

Sorry I don't have dvr. Thanks for the tips on watching online, I didn't think of that. Thanks for all responses, and the ships tv guide. Seems like I shouldn't miss a thing unless I'm to tired to watch

Sorry I don't have dvr. Thanks for the tips on watching online, I didn't think of that. Thanks for all responses, and the ships tv guide. Seems like I shouldn't miss a thing unless I'm to tired to watch

I'll tape your shows for you and mail you the tape if you want....seriously. Just let me know. My daughters have me tape shows for them almost everynight so it would be no problem.

funny how some just dont get it! haha.... after seeing the guide yeah to all your questions!

Imagine being in the Mediterranean and you want to watch Sunday football games..... oh wait i should have just recorded them..... sheesh....

yeah no...... I watched my ny giants while sailing the Mediterranean regardless the fact the game started at like 3am and of course I stayed up all night eating room service and watching drillbit taylor till my game started. thats more important than hanging out at the pool for a few hours.

funny how some just dont get it! haha.... after seeing the guide yeah to all your questions!

Imagine being in the Mediterranean and you want to watch Sunday football games..... oh wait i should have just recorded them..... sheesh....

yeah no...... I watched my ny giants while sailing the Mediterranean regardless the fact the game started at like 3am and of course I stayed up all night eating room service and watching drillbit taylor till my game started. thats more important than hanging out at the pool for a few hours.

OUR NY Giants!!;)

I will be on the Victory on the 17th sailing. My question is about the tv's in the rooms. I'm a big survivor fan( tv show for a few who may not have heard of it) and the season finale is on the 17th on CBS at 8:00pm est. Also the show 24 will be ending on the 18th on Fox at 8:00pm est .Does anyone know if the ship has these channels and at what time it would be on if they do? I know, we are on vacation, why watch tv? Every year we go on a cruise at the same time of year and always miss the season finale shows and we are lost when they return, so I would like to see them if we can.

Why don't you tape the shows? Or you could get a relative or friend to tape them for you.

The key is to know your ship's time and Denver time (Mountain time zone) AND KNOW WHAT TIME IT AIRS IN DENVER! When we were on the Conquest in March, we had the same issue with catching the regular weekly airing of Survivor. With no TV guide, we had to do some detective work and math to figure out when it aired. It didn't take long to figure out that the show was the version being broadcast from Denver.

Ultimately, I think it came on at the regular time for us (8:00 pm), although that was because we were on Central time (out of Galveston) and I think Survivor is one of those "Eight o'clock, seven central and mountain time" shows. So it was on one hour earlier, but we were also one time zone ahead of the originating station, so it worked out to be the same time on the clock that we were used to.

Believe me, if it had come on at 7:00, we would have skipped appetizers and dessert and booked it back to the cabin before the top of the hour! There's lots to do on a cruise ship. Don't get me wrong, I didn't spend the week sitting in my cabin watching TV. But what better is there to do at 8:00 pm after dinner than sit back with your family watching your favourite TV show together?

And what's with all the "why don't you tape it" questions? "UME"'s post was about the Survivor season finale. The finale. He/she has been watching the show every week since February. So first, you want to see it as soon as you can. Second, not only do you not want to inadvertently find out who wins before you get a chance to watch the tape, but also you don't want to spend a week (or however long) constantly having to guard against not finding out.

I definitely don't think you are crazy! Survivor finale is not to be missed =)

Here are my thoughts : When I was on the Victory a couple weeks ago, I was able to catch part of Heroes on Monday - it started at 10pm ship time. Heroes is normally on for me (central time) at 8pm. So I'm guessing that since Survivor normally starts for me at 7pm, it will start on the Denver channel at 9pm ship time.

But don't hold me to that! :D P.S. You will have to miss some of the show or reunion due to the muster drill that night

P.P.S. Hopefully Coach gets voted off next!!

Second, not only do you not want to inadvertently find out who wins before you get a chance to watch the tape, but also you don't want to spend a week (or however long) constantly having to guard against not finding out.

So true!

I was on a cruise during the finale of Survivor: Africa. I taped it and did not watch it on the ship. Of course, all the talk around the ship was "Ethan won!! Ethan won!!" What a bummer.

I will also be on a cruise this Sunday during the finale. I plan to watch it. But....I do have it DVR'd just in case.

Archived