Bead shops

terkatz56

I am wondering if anyone has encountered any bead shops in Juneau, Sitka or Ketchikan? I am not looking for the run of the mill craft shops, like Ben Franklins. Is there anyone who has found some beads in other shops, and remember the names of those shops? Thank-you for any responses.

I'm pretty sure there is a bead store in the same building as the quilt store. Here's the quilt store address:

The Silver Thimble Fabric Shop

5 Salmon Landing

Suite 204

Ketchikan, Alaska 99901

If I recall correctly, the bead store also sells yarn.

E&E

I checked the website for the Silver Thimble, but did not see anything about beads, I may try and call tomorrow and let you all know. I did see that she has the store for sale as she wants to retire.

I checked the website for the Silver Thimble, but did not see anything about beads, I may try and call tomorrow and let you all know. I did see that she has the store for sale as she wants to retire.

I seem to remember a bead shop on the second floor of Salmon Landing near the quilt shop. It would be very sad for lots of us if the quilt shop didn't stay in business.

In 2003 there was a bead store on the second floor of Salmon landing very close to the quilt shop. My neighbor who feeds our fish is a beader and I picked up some for her there.

Not stopping in Ketchikan this trip darn!!! I liked that quilt store.

Betty (quilt shop owner) says she will be open all season but does plan to retire and has the shop up for sale. She said that the bead shop is on Mission Street not very far away, so I don't know if this is the same one or a new one that has opened. As long as I can see some beads I am a happy crafter!:D

Betty (quilt shop owner) says she will be open all season but does plan to retire and has the shop up for sale. She said that the bead shop is on Mission Street not very far away, so I don't know if this is the same one or a new one that has opened. As long as I can see some beads I am a happy crafter!:D

That bead shop (and yarn shop) is Mission Street Arts and Fibers located at 500 Mission St. and I found it while walking around Ketchikan last September. You can visit their web site at: http://www.alaskabeadstore.com/

Rosemary

Was just in Juneau and there's a nice little shop about a block north of the Red Dog Saloon - the address is 213 Ferry Way.

Also, if you're going to Icy Strait Point, there is a woman from Juneau who has a small booth set up in the cannery who has gorgeous glass beads that she makes, including one that she calls glacier glass and it is absolutely beautiful in color. She spends the winter in Juneau making the beads, then sells all summer in ICP.

Was just in Juneau and there's a nice little shop about a block north of the Red Dog Saloon - the address is 213 Ferry Way.

From a search I did online, the name of the bead shop at that address is Peer Amid Beads.

Rosemary

Archived