1A's on the Dream

SATXLady

Looking at the Deck plans, it looks like there are 4 1As on the Riviera and 8 on the main that would be pretty desirable for a single. I'm especially looking at 2203 and 2204 that are slightly odd shaped but look like they could be a bit larger in floor space. These cabins are all at the front of the ship. I'm wondering if these would be porthole windows or no windows?

Anyone have knowledge or an educated guess?

When you are looking at the deck plans, look for the diamond, thats the ones that have port holes. I can go look if you want. Usually about half are port holes, half not.

2203 and 2204 do NOT have port holes.

2211, 2217, 2212 and 2216 on the same deck all do have port holes. I was just in 2211 on Conquest, its a tad smaller than 2217, but nice lay out. One twin and one convertible sofa. Loved it. Was in it last week.

Thanks. Guess they don't sound quite so nice if totally dark.

Also they are so far foward, you would have more noise. We tendered into Grand Cayman and the tenders were right outside our portholes and made a lot of noise in the cabin as they pulled in and out and just sitting there. The ones all the way forward, you are going to get more wave noise when the waves hit the bulkheads.

Id rather have a port hole. The port holes are still larger than insides. Id guess the one I had was about 200 s.f.

So the ones without portholes would be just like an inside with no light then?

I had one of those last week. When I booked I was almost positive that it had portholes, but when I got there, I didn't. Looking back, I would've rather have been mid-ship, than a cabin with no portholes. Like someone mentionned, it tends to get noisy when we dock & tender.

Last week, I had 2217 on the Freedom that one had the 2 portholes. Liked the cabin, even if it was noisier, since I could see outside.

Joanne

A friend of mine booked one of these cabins on the Dream and the Pvp told her there IS a porthole in these cabins..:confused:

Which cabin?? Not all 1As have port holes. Just look at the carnival deck plans, click on the deck, look at the legend, shows a diamond on the cabins that have a port hole. You can check yourself.

Lots of PVPs will also tell you they have bunk beds, when they dont, doesnt mean the PVP is correct. Iv done quite a bit of research on 1As, and know a lot of them down to which beds they have on the ships I cruise on. Dont just take someone's opinion, double check it yourself.

Archived