Asked to speak at RCCL event

Anyone else get an email from RCCL asking them to speak at a "Coffee, Cruising, & Conversation" event in their local area? Apparantly they are looking for C&A members who have travelled to locations other than the Caribbean to speak at local coffee shops to a crowd of about 30 people about their cruising experiences on RCCL.

First that I have heard of this but I read on the Carnival board that in the state of Florida, they were looking for people to hold cruise parties or something like that at their home to help sell/push Carnival cruises. Not sure how the program works.

Anyone else get an email from RCCL asking them to speak at a "Coffee, Cruising, & Conversation" event in their local area? Apparantly they are looking for C&A members who have travelled to locations other than the Caribbean to speak at local coffee shops to a crowd of about 30 people about their cruising experiences on RCCL.

Are they compensating you in any way? Do they give you a script?

Here is what the email said. No compensation mentioned, but they will send you literature to prepare your talk.

As a Crown & Anchor Society member, you've had many unforgettable cruising experiences with us–memories you love sharing with friends and family. We'd like to invite you to now share those stories with others who also love traveling, but have never been on a cruise.

We would be honored to have you speak at an upcoming event in your area.

From June 17 through July 26, 2009, Royal Caribbean International® is hosting hour-long Coffee, Cruising, & Conversation events with our partner Seattle's Best Coffee at select café locations across the country. We believe your travel stories would make this program very successful.

With everything you've discovered throughout your travels, you've undoubtedly become one of the most experienced and credible travelers to talk about cruising to great destinations. Our focus will be on Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Alaska, Europe and the Baltics, the Mediterranean, and South America. In your own words, you would share your adventures for 15-20 minutes to the delight of approximately 30 guests. Along with your presentation, a Seattle's Best Coffee barista would educate the audience with intriguing coffee–tasting techniques.

To make structuring your presentation fun and easy, we would send you all the materials you need to create it in your own words. An event emcee would also be there to serve as your facilitator, and a Royal Caribbean employee may join you as well.

A Royal Caribbean representative may call you in the coming days to see if you're interested in speaking on our behalf. It's up to you, of course, but we'd love to have you share your stories.

Thank you for your consideration.

—Your friends at Royal Caribbean International®

I have not gotten that, but did get a phone call to ask me how my last cruise was, and any comments I had. I have never gotten a follow-up call before. It was pretty neat. We talked for about 1/2 hour.

Maybe they really do care what we think....:eek:

Irene

I got it too...................and there are no SBCs here...........and I wouldn't really do it anyway.

I would presume they would give you talking points at the minimum............considering they send you "materials".......

Sounds fun, but i will be taking a pass!

I also received the email. We think it sounds like fun. Really gets my mind working...thinking about what to say. I have always thought that C & A members were the best sales staff that RC has.

We also received the post cruise survey. That was interesting too.

I also received the email. We think it sounds like fun. Really gets my mind working...thinking about what to say. I have always thought that C & A members were the best sales staff that RC has.

Sally ~ maybe you can work a magic trick or two from someone you know into your talk about cruising:D;)

I'm going to assume that those of us who wrote to the CEO & Board of Directors complaining about the changes in the C&A program won't be invited to speak! Too bad, after 22 RCI cruises all over the world, I would have been delighted to address a group of prospective cruisers. But now I'm afraid I couldn't keep a straight face if the script said to tell them how much RCI values its customers. They'll just have to learn the hard way...like all the rest of us did.

I'm going to assume that those of us who wrote to the CEO & Board of Directors complaining about the changes in the C&A program won't be invited to speak! Too bad, after 22 RCI cruises all over the world, I would have been delighted to address a group of prospective cruisers. But now I'm afraid I couldn't keep a straight face if the script said to tell them how much RCI values its customers. They'll just have to learn the hard way...like all the rest of us did.

Actually i did complain and i was asked......:confused:

found out that there are a couple SBCs around (in bookstores..who knew!?) but i still will take a pass......i love talking to groups..........and i love cruising...................

I got one, I would do it, but they should be warned once you get me talking about cruisin I cant shut-up!

I have the same problem......I think I need a Life Alert for that ....

"Help I'm talking and I can't shut up" :D:p:)

We are Diamond Plus (40+) and have not been to many of the locations they mention. Have cruised to Alaska several times. Could be considered an expert in that area.

You know, this might be the perfect opportunity to get rid of some of the tote bags, key chains and other logo stuff you always get on the ships. I could pass it out to my audiance! Or do a raffle! People love that kind of thing. Now I just need a good cruising joke to start my presentation.

I want to do this! Gets my creative juices flowing.

Archived