Booked 1st cruise thru Priceline. inquiring about Military discount?

elle330033

My husband and I booked our first Carnival Cruise on the 5/24/09 Valor through Priceline. Being that this is our first cruise, we didn't know about the military discount that is available. Hubby served in the army during the 1st Gulf War and was honorably discharged. Do I contact Carnival or Priceline to inquire about the military discount? What do I need to send in as proof? FWIW, I will be calling Priceline and Carnival after I get off of work today. I just don't have time to be put on hold right this minute :)

TIA

Ellie

My husband and I booked our first Carnival Cruise on the 5/24/09 Valor through Priceline. Being that this is our first cruise, we didn't know about the military discount that is available. Hubby served in the army during the 1st Gulf War and was honorably discharged. Do I contact Carnival or Priceline to inquire about the military discount? What do I need to send in as proof? FWIW, I will be calling Priceline and Carnival after I get off of work today. I just don't have time to be put on hold right this minute :)

TIA

Ellie

You likely need to contact Priceline, as they in effect are your travel agent and, generally, cruiselines expect you to work thru the T/A you booked.

Find, and use a good travel agent who will secure and keep a copy of your DD-214 on file. I'm a VietNam vet and my travel agent always looks for the military vet discount which is usually better than past guest discount.:)

Archived