Galveston dates are UP, thru 4/24/2011

firefly333

Prices are like the old fares before they started early saver, now they raised them all and early saver is higher than the previous years regular fare for the dates I checked. So much for early saver being this huge deal any more.

Ill be looking at Voyager to get a deal after seeing the prices. I see prices for Dec 2010 for $599 for a inside. They have upgrraded me both inside guarantees, Im 2 for 2.

Ill be looking at Voyager to get a deal after seeing the prices. I see prices for Dec 2010 for $599 for a inside. They have upgrraded me both inside guarantees, Im 2 for 2.

For my dates, Voyager is $500-$1000 more than Conquest for a quad depending on which rate you use, but only $300 more for 2 cabins. I was using the 'fun select' rate for pricing the 2 since we'll want connecting cabins. Plus, I don't know that I would be brave enough to gamble on the early saver rate terms this far out.

Voyager doesnt have very cheap for picking cabins, much much cheaper on guarantees, but unlike Carnival, they are good about moving you if you dont like where they put you or you need to be near someone. Check the guarantee prices on voyager for 2.

Like another poster said, I'm really hoping for a Galveston itinerary that includes Belize and Roatan.

Me too, at least one that goes back to Belize and then Key West maybe rather than Grand Cayman or Cozumel. This will be like our 9th time to Cozumel, that's including land vacations. We were doing the Bahamas/Key West in August but had a change in plans.... kids...college.... orientations.... so it's back to Jamaica, GC and Coz again :)

I doubt we will see a rush to book at the new rates. Yikes, so much for early saver being such a deal compared to other cruiselines... the gap is narrowing. I took advantage of the great prices and deals this year, but probably will cruise a lot less next year at those prices.

PVP just emailed me, open for booking now :)

Isn't it Good to have a Great PVP!!!!;)

Mine sends me little goodies all the time that I may be interested in. I really need to meet her sometime and buy her a DOD!!!:D

As for me...... I plan to book Early Saver from now on. The good seems to far out weigh the bad. Only down side to me would be if I wasnt sure I was going to cruise Carnival again, Which I cant imagine happening at this point. The worst case scenerio for me would be a $50 fee to change to another sailing.

Im wondering how my rates are for christmas and new years.. i always thought in years prior that I couldnt even consider it. but this year either im getting stupid, or rates are lower for christmas newyears than in previous years.

we have 4F on the miracle out of ft lauderdale one of those staterooms which are the same size as an ocean view with the sofa etc.. and the full size sliding doors tho obstructed ( however we're between two lifeboats so not too bad ) we're on the fourth deck, main.

for christmas week we are paying 854 and for new years week we are paying 704 they are both 8 night cruises rather than 7s, and im sure 7 nights last year and year prior wwere more expensive than both these 8 nights, or am i losing my mind?

just curious I know some of you know a lot about things.. fill me in if you can

thanks

Are these rates for this year or new rates for christmas 2010? $704 is total per person, including taxes, doesnt sound bad. Im only paying a little less for this fall, but Im not early saver and prices went up on eastern. Hey go and enjoy the holidays, sounds like you are booked and committed, quit worrying about the price. If it does go down before final payment you can still get the price lowered.

Isn't it Good to have a Great PVP!!!!;)

I am happy with mine, glad she is back from vacation. She seems to have gotten the swine flu and been out a extra week on top of her vacation, poor thing. She is in Miami, so I probably wouldnt be buying her a drink. lol

those prices are for december 22-30 854 and dec 30 - jan 7 704 2009

sounds cheaper on a per day basis than you could do conquest for, even the cheapest cabin comparing it. Id expect by Christmas that the rates are over $1000 per person.

I am happy with mine, glad she is back from vacation. She seems to have gotten the swine flu and been out a extra week on top of her vacation, poor thing. She is in Miami, so I probably wouldnt be buying her a drink. lol

Funny.... Mine is in Miami also and just got back from Vacation. I wonder if its the same one??? Initials K. T.????:confused: I know her little one did have a cold she took her to the Dr. for......:(

She has taken such good care of us lately and in the past. She has been good to help me even though I am currently booked on a group cruise and she does not get the booking. KT Always shoots straight with me and sends me specials she thinks I may be interested in. She also listens and must make great notes as she seems to always know what type of trip, ports, excursions etc I am interested in.:cool:

Believe me. If I ever get to Miami or we just so happen to be onboard the same ship, I owe her a drink or three.;)

Funny.... Mine is in Miami also and just got back from Vacation. I wonder if its the same one??? Initials K. T.????:confused: I know her little one did have a cold she took her to the Dr. for......:(

She has taken such good care of us lately and in the past. She has been good to help me even though I am currently booked on a group cruise and she does not get the booking. KT Always shoots straight with me and sends me specials she thinks I may be interested in. She also listens and must make great notes as she seems to always know what type of trip, ports, excursions etc I am interested in.:cool:

Believe me. If I ever get to Miami or we just so happen to be onboard the same ship, I owe her a drink or three.;)

I think we DO have the same PVP. lmao!!!! Yes, she didnt even know me, I was recently added to her, but she knew without asking that I wanted early dining.

only yesterday we discussed the prices for the xmas new years cruise, and since then the xmas 8 nights dropped to 804 pp for the french doors on deck 4.. lets hope it keeps dropping!

I cant believe that Carnival made all the 5As inside cabins .... at inside prices. Even the port hole cabins are now inside prices. Great deal. I want one of those french door cabins. Wish they would bring one to Texas.

I think we DO have the same PVP. lmao!!!! Yes, she didnt even know me, I was recently added to her, but she knew without asking that I wanted early dining.

LMAO.....

Small world isn't it!

I really think that as time goes on you will appreciate her more and more. I sure have.

LMAO.....

Small world isn't it!

I really think that as time goes on you will appreciate her more and more. I sure have.

Oh I already do, she is much much better/smarter than the one I ditched. She knew so little, but was really sweet, but I need a PVP who can "get 'er done".

Archived