Tux rental

Hi We are sailing on Independence to the canaries.

My partner is considering renting a tux on board has anyone done this? Do you get it for all the formal nights or is the price displayed just for one night?

Thanks

The price is for both nights ... love my husband in a tux ... they rest of the time we are "forever in blue jeans"!!! (except on the ship, as he wears dockers the rest of the time .. and shorts during the day. Enjoy, Jan

If you have black shoes bring them. It will save you some money. Shoes to rent were not fancy. I used my black shoes. My wife thought the Tux was great! I paid $45.00 for 1 formal night.

Hi We are sailing on Independence to the canaries.

My partner is considering renting a tux on board has anyone done this? Do you get it for all the formal nights or is the price displayed just for one night?

Thanks

http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

For $99 you can practically buy one - have you seen the prices in Tesco or Asda recently, and then you would have it for ever.

DH bought a designer (Ted Baker) DJ in an outlet mall for only £129......

You will get the tux for the whole length of the cruise so you could technically wear it every night if you wanted! :D

We rented them for my husband and son on our last cruise. It sure made packing easier and they looked great! We rented the shoes too so that we wouldn't have to worry about bringing them either.

My husband got the tux and two shirts (one for each formal night). We ended up purchasing a nice one for around $100 after this and just carry it w/us. I know some people don't like packing it, but we figured we would purchase one because we can save money. We don't take a ton of clothes, so it doesn't seem to get in the way as far as packing goes. Have a great cruise!

I rent a tux all the time now. It is very convenient since I don't have to pack a suit and it comes with two shirts - had to where one twice on my 14 day since they had 3 formal nights. It aso is nice that my DW thinks I look good in it too. :) I am going on the Oct 10 IOS Canary cruise, are you?

No we go in 9 days!

Have a great hol

us too, we have been counting down the days ....since January!!!

i think my dh has decided from some of the recent posts that a suit is just as acceptable as a tux and says hes not getting tuxed up,whilst i cant wait for an excuse to wear my ball gown!

hope you have a good one

Lou

hi all

we are also sailing on the 27 may and soooooo looking forward to this.It is our first cruise and my dw and 2 kids are very excited,ive also bought a black suit for the formal nights and my son too he"s only 11 and said he looks like a small james bond :D :o anyway hope we all have a great time maybe we will bump into each other on board jeff

• 5 months later...

Where on the ship do you rent the tux? Is this something you have to do when you first get on due to demand? Thanks in advance! Do they have them for young kids? My son is 7 turning 8. I like the idea of packing less !!! Assuming the Freedom offers this as well.

bc2

Where on the ship do you rent the tux? Is this something you have to do when you first get on due to demand? Thanks in advance! Do they have them for young kids? My son is 7 turning 8. I like the idea of packing less !!! Assuming the Freedom offers this as well.

bc2

You can order a Tux on the RCI website under gifts and gear and it will be in your cabin when you board. The cost will be charged to your seapass account.

Archived